“A very good, enjoyable, affordable restaurant”
Review of Raymipampa

Raymipampa
Ranked #33 of 729 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2019

I have been here three times. Locals love it, and so do I. It is conveniently located in downtown Cuenca. I've never had to wait, but each time most of the tables are full. It is always clean. The servers have been polite and attentive each time. I don't recall exactly what we ordered, but two things stand out. Their aji salsa is the best anywhere! I would be happy to eat it by the spoonful. So delicious! And their chocolate caliente is also among the best I've had in Ecuador. It is flavorful, with strong chocolate taste and not as sweet as other places make it. The prices are nice and affordable.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Ate here with my cousins who live in Olon. They had eaten here before. But they agreed it was not as good it use to be. I had bland chicken and rice dish. My cousin's wife had the potato soup whish was luke warm at best. The trout was very good according to my cousin. Prices seemed a little high based on usual Ecuadorian standards. Service was good but not a place I'm dying to go back to.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

We recently visited this restaurant for lunch after our first choice was closed. It is a very popular restaurant in a convenient location right by Parque Calderon. The food and service however were both mediocre at best. The food is Ecuadorian standard, but where this can normally be had for $2-3 as part of a “menu del dia”, here it cost much more. Many better choices to be had in Cuenca.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner with a friend as a recommendation from the hotel staff. I had the traditional Ecuadorian soup with avocado and cheese and that was very good. Then I had the mixed ceviche for main entree and that was ok. My friend had a different soup and chicken roll and thought those were ok as well. Appetizer bread was not very good. Waiter was polite but service a little slow. Cool decor. Overall a solid choice for something local, simple and affordable but nothing that will blow your mind

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Have eaten lunch here twice in the past two weeks. Arroz con pollo the first time and arroz con camarones the second. The portions were large enough for two meals so I ate half for lunch and the other half was the following night's dinner. Very reasonable prices also.

Date of visit: April 2019