“Just what I needed!”

Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

It's Sunday afternoon in Cuenca, and I've just eaten lunch at Raymipampa. The atmosphere was relaxing, décor and lighting soft and service excellent, all accompanied by mellow music from the 80s and 90s. I had a generous portion of trout, accompanied by proper hot chips and veggies. I'm here for 6 months and this is definitely going to become one of my favourite places to have a leisurely weekend lunch! I'm also probably the fussiest eater on the planet, but the menu is so varied that there are many options even for me to work my way through! And I intend to do so ... :)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a cheerful, calm, pleasant restaurant, with good food. We were given a small warm bread roll as soon as we had ordered, and the food arrived fairly quickly. There was a big choice on the menu. On our various visits we had trout, another fish dish, a vegetarian dish and a chicken dish. The deserts were good, too, and we enjoyed the wine and beer. The waiters were friendly and efficient. Definitely to be recommended.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

They have many Ecuadorian foods and also more "american" foods,...huge plates of food, well made, cute decor. Good place for meeting visitors since right next door to the "new" cathedral, and has a wide choice of foods.

juan a, General Manager at Raymipampa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

HI from the people who work at "Raymipampa", i really appreciated your review about our restaurant, we love receiving feedback, we are really glad that you enjoy your food and your experience with us, we hope to see you again soon!

best wishes!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

While working at a language school in Cuenca, I let my students pick the restaurant on an outing. Not a good idea, as the Ecuadorian concept of seasoning is pepper and the national snack is "salchipapas" (soggy french fries topped with a hot dog and smothered in ketchup and mayonnaise). The students loved this place, which being on a main tourist site (Parque Calderon) and in all the guide books, is nothing but a tourist trap. The food is the same bland, starchy fare you could find on any fixed price menu around town for a quarter of the price. The only difference is that you get more of it here. The final insult was that my students didn't offer to pick up my tab, which at $8.00 was steep for this kind of food. You are paying for a the location and nothing else. Service is efficient and no frills. Strictly for suckers.

2  Thank eldelErbil2010
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This restaurant across the Parque Calderon was a pleasant surprise. Nice decor, fast efficient service, and my rice with shrimp was both good and plentiful. A very busy place, so if you are looking for quiet and secluded this is not for you.