“Very nice selection of dining choices”
Review of Guajibamba

Guajibamba
Order Online
Ranked #43 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

A white wine, a local drink, canalazo, and a nicely prepared baked cuy made for an excellent meal in el centro. A very good bar and beer selection, and an expansive menu of traditional and international meals. The cuy requires 24 hour notice. Pop in and preorder, or do as I did, and dine here twice in two nights: the selection is varied.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We had the most amazing guinea pig crispy and delicious we only realised how goowonderful it was when we had the same dish in Quito which was rubbish so please do not go to Mama Clorinda in Quito you are heading for disappointment

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank Gail H
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

We were in a mission to try “cuy” (guinea pig) and it was a different experience. We realized you need to call ahead as it takes an hour to cook.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2019

It was a delicious restaurant, serving the local specialty: the CUY, which was really delicious. Moreover, the place is cosy and friendly, the atmosphere peaceful. I really recommand this place if you want to try traditional ecuadorian dish.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Im an American but have been living in Ecuador for about ten years. I enjoy Ecuadorian cooking and have eaten traditional cooking in a wide range of environments from high to low. I particularly like cuy, and have cooked it many times myself with Ecuadorian friends and family. A friend was visiting Cuenca from the US, and really wanted to try cuy, and had identified Guajibamba as the place they wanted to go. I hadn't been there, but decided it would be worth trying. We ordered not just cuy but two other dishes. The reality is that the three dishes were generous servings, but mediocre cooking. In the end, it was an ok meal at a close to premium price. I don't think this is the best representation of traditional Ecuadorian food, and its not a good value. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant or go back myself.

Date of visit: May 2018