“Not the most authentic but tasty ”
Review of Thai connection

Thai connection
Ranked #7 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Description: Authentic Thai cuisine prepared by a passionate Thai chef.All ingredients fresh daily from the farmer market.We offer gluten free,as well as vegetarian food.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is not the most authentic Thai food but it is definitely very tasty. The Thai Green curry is nice and you can choose the spice level. I went another time and had the Vietnamese summer rolls and they were delicious — gorgeous prawns, rice noodles and vegetables. The sauce was delicious but they could have had a little more spice inside for my palate. The service is very good and the interior very pleasant. I will return for sure.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank sarahgF683NA

Reviewed May 10, 2019

This was the best hot Thai cashew pork lunch I've had in a long time. The last time was in Seattle, Washington with my gang from work over seven years ago. Moma's assistant chef came out and talked a bit about his country of Venezuela that he came from. He's a very nice young man and brought our lunch to our table a few times. Moma came and talked to us a little about the different hot chili peppers of Thailand for the hot and spicy food. We enjoy our Eastern food hot and spicy and Moma's is the best.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank skipkm16
Reviewed May 1, 2019

I bookmarked this restaurant with the intent of stopping in while in Cuenca. They were closed on Sunday and Monday, so luckily I was able to get in on Tuesday for lunch. I met the owner, Ronnie, and learned about his acquisition of the restaurant from the previous owner. He was very accommodating and served delightful summer rolls and Thai Green Curry. I would gladly stop in again on another visit. I did feel that the costs were a bit high for lunch, but enjoyed the meal immensely.

2  Thank lunanegra5
Reviewed April 28, 2019

On this occasion, I bought with my eyes. The Thai Rice dish is served in a bowl that is a hollowed out half pineapple. The presentation is spectacular. I ordered the chicken version.

When one elects to go to a Thai restaurant, there is the expectation of a degree of spiciness. The Thai Rice concoction was totally bland and lacking in zip. It tasted alright, mind you, just not like you would expect a Thai dish to taste.

On the positive side, they were happy to speak in English. This is quite comforting when you are lacking in Spanish. I noticed, too, that the people serving were very service-oriented, trying to anticipate the needs of the diners and making suggestions to make the experience better.

If I were to return to Cuenca, I would definitely return to the Thai Connection. I would just make sure that I selected a dish that would allow them to deliver more of the Thai flavours.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We had an absolutely delicious Thai meal (and an enormous beer!) at this great restaurant. And the owners and waiters were all so friendly and welcoming! (Thanks so much for the amazing carrot cake!) We’ll definitely eat there again while enjoying our time in beautiful Cuenca!