“A bit pricey, but great food”
Review of Happy Panda

Happy Panda
Ranked #828 of 1,615 Restaurants in Quito
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went with a group of people and we ordered fewer items than there were people, but there was enough food for all of us. If you're craving Chinese food, I would recommend going to the Happy panda, because many other Quito Chinese restaurants are a big miss. I also really like the restaurant Zao in Quito.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a tough restaurant to rate. The food served here is decent, but it's certainly not what I was expecting. For example, they have General Tso's Chicken on the menu, but it bears no resemblance to any General Tso's Chicken I've ever had in the US or Asia. It's tasty enough, but it's more like a (non-spicy) cashew chicken with plum sauce minus the cashews, so if you have your heart set on something specific then you're likely to be disappointed. My husband and I have eaten here at least four times, and what we've been served is rarely anything close to what we thought we had ordered, but it has always been a decent enough meal. Service is friendly but definitely on the slow side. The atmosphere is quite nice, and the early opening time is a big plus (and probably the main reason we've been there several times). Bottom line: if we were eating out with another couple I wouldn't suggest this place, but I also wouldn't object if the other couple wanted to eat here.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great food, grat service, great environment, great location. Probabbly this could be the best Chinesse food you can get in town

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We wanted to go to a nice restaurant early (5 pm), and Happy Panda was one of the only ones open. We were the only diners and they gave us outstanding service and excellent food. The atmosphere is sophisticated and comfortable. It was rainy and one of the waiters stood out in the rain for a long time trying to get us a cab until we told him we could walk.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Waited forever for the menus... waited forever for them to take our order... People seated 30 minutes after us got their food before us, got the receipt before us... Very disappointed