Tripadvisor

from $60.00
More Info
from $71.80
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

Do not book this outing until the day you want to go as a State of Emergency has been declared by the Government in Ecuador and there is no refund given even though we have been advised by the US Embassy not to travel! We had booked with dinner and will lose $180.00 as there is no way to rebook for future or cancel. I was trying to cancel our October 16 booking today (October 7). Not happy!!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed September 28, 2019

We really enjoyed the show. Very colorful costumes and good dancers. Good overview of traditional music and dance. Go!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed June 20, 2019

This was a fabulous exhibition of Ecuadorian culture though dance and music! Smaller setting than I thought it would be but really great if you are into learning about it. My Español was not up to understanding everything that was said, but I did ok. My tour guide as nice as she was, was not on top of things though. She never picked me up from my hotel so I took a taxi. She dropped me off at a restaurant afterwards but did not sit with me. Her English was not great. A bit awkward but the food was great!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous deep dive into dance and celebration traditions of the indigenous Ecuadorian people. This is apparently the creation of one cultural anthropologist who had explored his own history and traditions to preserve and share these important traditions. He introduced each event, explained his quest, and was super passionate about this project. What a thrill!

This was a truly amazing spectacle ranging from the clownish acrobat creatures, to “deer” breeding and then being hunted, maypole ribbon dance, dances with huge headdresses, men wearing women’s garments to then present to their wives as gifts, spinning flower-garbed dancers, some deeply emotional pieces, and a fantastic Andean musical group. This event must be experienced!

2  Thank fred200099
Reviewed June 1, 2019

If you ever find yourself in Quito, this show is an unforgettable experience! Very entertaining, and I’ve never seen anything like it! The driver picks you up from your hotel and takes you to the convention After the show, there’s 3 course dinner and back to the hotel. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: May 2019