“Best Vanilla Ice cream EVER!!!!!”
Review of Crepes & Waffles

Crepes & Waffles
Ranked #2 of 37 Dessert in Quito
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“Best Vanilla Ice cream EVER!!!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food was really good - the appetizer (tomato, mozzarella, basil something) was good, the entree was too, but the desert was AMAZING! I am somewhat of a vanilla ice cream expert - that the only type I eat. As soon as my single scoop vanilla waffle cone was delivered, I knew I was in for a treat! I literally felt like I was in my moms kitchen and she had opened a bottle of vanilla extract. And the waffle was caramelized- it tasted like a fortune cookie!!! I was here on a visit to see my American friends that live here now and they said it was their favorite restaurant. It would be mine too!!

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Peachland
“Gelato!!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good food here with a great salad bar. The real draw is the many flavours of gelato and their dessert menu. You can see a lot of locals come just for the dessert and a great feed. I had the crepes (chicken with mushrooms) and loved it. We also went back for just the salad bar and that was good to.

Visited March 2014
Quito, Ecuador
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Denny's meets Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Consistent food- big portions, decent service. Usually packed with Ecuadorian families on a big day out.

• Visited January 2014
Kennewick, Washington
“Outstanding find in Quito”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Seeing as how we've been there each of the last few days I feel it is my duty to inform travelers and English speaking residents of Quito how much we like this eatery. The Mont Blanc is delish! Don't forget to try a bread bowl filled with stroganoff. Whether you are in the mood for a meal or dessert or dessert for meal this is a great place to get it.

Boston, Massachusetts
“They do crepes better than the French”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Having lived in France and the US, I have never had more creative and flavorful crepe-based preparations in my life. At both the Quito and Cumbaya locations, the crepes were a perfect consistency and texture, and the fillings similarly tasty. They are very veg-friendly, and in fact their vegetarian items seem to outdo some of their meat items (we saw some that looked questionable, like a cream-heavy chicken breadbowl). Furthermore the desserts are truly outstanding; unpretentious but better than things I've paid triple for in the US.

• Visited August 2013