“recommended by locals”

Crepes & Waffles
Ranked #4 of 42 Dessert in Quito
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We dined here twice during our stay in Quito. We were minutes away staying at the Hostal de La Rabida. This address on the TA page confused me, this place was near the Marriott on Avenue Francisco Orellana?
Very interesting menu, surprised us with much more than 'breakfast' as the name implies. Both 'sweet' and 'hearty' crepe and waffle fare, inventive pitas. Good espresso. Did not try the salad bar although it seemed a very popular choice. Was busy on both visits but service was friendly and very efficient. Inside dining on first visit, second time sat on the patio. Nice atmosphere - cool meeting spot. Not an 'english spoken' place, no worries, menus in english, just smile and be polite - you'll be fine. Food quality and unique offerings made up for the above average prices. Recommended by a friend from Quito prior to our trip, then again by the hotel manager, glad we dined here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The location of this Crepes & Waffles was across the street from the JW Marriott and a block from the Eugenia Hotel. The waitress didn't speak English but we manage to order with an English menu. I had chicken crepes with Peruvian sauce, which was delicious. My husband had one with chicken and broccoli and he loved it. We also try spinach soup, which was green, bland but healthy. Good place for lunch. Reasonably priced. Not filling enough for dinner.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is one of my husband and I's "must do" restaurants anytime we are near one! There is a large variety of both sweet and savory crepes and waffles available. This past time, I had the Mexican crepe which was OUTSTANDING! I ate every bite. My husband had the tres quesos fried crepe with mixed greens and that was also delicious. We finished our meal with the nutella waffle with vanilla gelato. (yum!) Every time we go we get something different and have never been disappointed.

The service is attentive but not rushed. Highly recommend Crepes and Waffles.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good menu with variety. Both savoury and sweet crepes were tasty. The cuppachinos were great. The portions are not very large. It was good enough to go twice.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have a shrimp waffle , even though it was not enough for me to get full, but it was pretty good and tasty. wait times were ok. and staff was courteous.