“OMG”
Review of Crepes & Waffles

Crepes & Waffles
Ranked #4 of 42 Dessert in Quito
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Got stuck in Quito because of late arrival from Cuenca and missed flight to US. Got a room next door to Crepes and Waffles. Went over to try it out for lunch. Lunch was very good but when they brought out the very large bound book of desserts, we felt like we had died and gone to heaven when we looked at the photos of desserts! To our astonishment, they were even much better than we could have imagined. This is a must try place when in Quito!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurants serves a good variaty of crepes, pita or a big bread stuffed with many otpions (the same as crepes).

I had a shrimp with curry for the main course and a chocolate with vanilla ice cream for desert.

In my opinion, it reaches international standards, but not outstands it. That is the reason for the 4 stards, instead of 5.

Anyway, I find it quite expensive for ecuatorian standards. Expect to spend at around $ 20 for one main course, a desert and a soda. Besides, crepes are not that big. So, if you are hungry and short on pocket, you will easily find good substitutes nearby.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Attended the restaurants of Quicentro and Orellana in the past months, and while the quality of their ice cream and some salads and Panne Cooks continue to be very good, the table service has been rude, slow, unprofessional and disappointing.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Its my forth time coming back for a pistachio ice cream and they dont have it... i just go there for that ice cream..... would never recommend that place

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just round the corner from the Spanish School we were at I ended up having lunch every day at Crepes and Waffles for three weeks. The attraction was their superb salads and fast WiFi (I uploaded several Gb of photos over a few lunches!).

They have a great formula and the crepes and waffles are reasonably priced and as good as this type of food can be. It is the other dishes like the salads that show the quality and consistency although these are much more expensive.

The place was really busy, mainly with locals. Justifiably popular as not overpriced. Staff a great but you feel they are strictly controlled, I saw one waitress be corrected for having my spoon on the wrong side of my coffee, like I cared? The next step is to empower staff to interact with customers and give that personal touch?

This review is for the branch opposite the JW Marriott hotel.