“My favorite place for breakfast...”
Review of Magic Bean

Magic Bean
Ranked #108 of 1,358 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Czestochowa, Poland
“My favorite place for breakfast...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Fresh juices, good food, perfect location and WiFi makes it a place I visit often during my many visits to Quito.

Visited December 2012

Guayaquil, Ecuador
“For breakfast lovers!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went there for breakfast and really enjoyed it. Fresh fruit juices are served in large glasses!! Great! Breakfast is very American style which I love. All kinds of egg styles, pancakes are delicious! Loved it. Have a nice terrace for outside seating. Informal, many tourists, nice place. Has wifi access.

Visited October 2012
Quito, Ecuador
“Expensive”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This place is expensive and charges EVEN MORE if you sit in. The prices were jacked up when we got our bill. Rip off and not even that good. Would not return.

• Visited November 2012
San Francisco, California
“Huge, Tasty Portions, and Fresh Juices”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Magic Bean is a consistently tasty restaurant that is open everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It became our savior on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. What was most memorable for me was the cozy atmosphere, and the wonderful variety of fresh juices and smoothies and lots of breakfast options. It is touristy, yes, but there are some traditional Ecuadorian options on the menu and everything we ate was great.

• Visited December 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Magic Bean could be transplanted anywhere in the USA and no one would notice a difference. However, it was this very reason that dissuaded us from eating here at first.We had initially only stopped here for an espresso. However, when you are newly diabetic and trying to stay on the program, it is difficult to find places in Quito that can work with you. Two nights later we decided to return after finding that many of the other options offered either an abundance of fried foods or starches.

I was thrilled to see Pepper Poppers on the menu. Red peppers which were stuffed with lentils, quinoa, broccoli, tomato, and then covered with cheese before being broiled, fit the bill perfectly. My partner had a burger with wonderful looking potatoes he described as perfect. Servings are abundant.

When we arrived at 6pm, the place was basically empty, but soon thereafter, it filled quite full. There was only one waiter on duty, but this did not cause any interruption in service. He was so skilled, each time I wanted to add to our order, I would say "When you have time..." Moments later, my request was filled. Watching his efficiency in covering the room could be a training ground for hospitality staff. He was never without a smile either.

Sports fans will enjoy the two large screen televisions, but neither had sound on to disrupt diners.

• Visited December 2012