“Great meal in Quito.”
Review of Zazu

Zazu
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,467 Restaurants in Quito
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to Zazu while in Quito before heading to the Galapagos. The restaurant lived up to the TA rating. We started with an order of suckling pig taquitos and a ceviche. Both were very good. We got the ossobucco and grouper for our entrees both of which were great. Service was excellent. It was expensive by Quito standards but probably slightly less expensive than an equivalent meal in the US.

There are newer reviews for Zazu

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My business partners took me for a formal welcome dinner to ZAZU and I was truly impressed. A timelessly modern dining room serving what I would describe as modern Peruvian food that would have no problem to make its mark in London or anywhere in the world for that matter. This was totally unexpected. The nice and comfortable small bar by the entrance just next to the impressive wine cellar allowed us to complete the evening for a nightcap without the hassle of changing venues. Try the Pisco Sour … it was my first and what a great way to finish the night staying within the regional flavours. I usually do not review restaurants but the ZAZU team deserves some praise. I am already looking forward to my next trip to Quito.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Overall, I would give the experience a 10 out of 10. The food and flavors were out of this world, and the seafood dishes were so fresh and tasty. The meal was very much worth every penny.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a Peruvian restaurant with Asian flavors. Food is great though appetizers are a bit small. Service is great with iPads for your wine selection. The decoration is very sober, subtle but cozy. Highly advisable

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had read about the restaurant in several travel guides. We were travelling with two friends at the time and decided that we should visit. We were all extremely impressed with our meals, the presentation, the staff and the atmosphere. Javier, the Maitre d', was especially warm and personable. We returned for a second visit on June 7 and had a second fabulous meal. Although the restaurant is expensive do not let that interfere with you selection the food is worth it.

Many Thanks to Javier.