“Appalling! Overpriced and overhyped...”
Review of Zazu

Zazu
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,375 Restaurants in Quito
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
London
“Appalling! Overpriced and overhyped...”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to Zazu after a week in the amazon, hoping for some decent food and we were really disappointed. Menu looked good but execution was poor- Our fish main was dry and overcooked, the suckling pig was overly salty and verging on inedible.

Service was slow, impersonal and unattentive.

The restaurant clearly sells itself as an upmarket option in Quito... It needs to up its game if it were to trade on more than its image.

4 Thank treddd

• Czech first
Moorestown, NJ
“Avoid!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I can't believe the other reviewers went to the same place. The steak we ordered - filet - was tough as chuck, stringy, and tasted like salt and garlic. Mine was ordered medium and it came out well done; my wife's was ordered medium rare, and came out well done. With or without considering that the $18 for the filet included tax and tip, it was overpriced If I were back in the US, I would have sent it back. As it was, it was barely edible, and not enjoyable. The least expensive wine on their menu was $21 for a half bottle; the wine was OK, but I think it was a bit pricey for what we got. The wine list was extensive, and had a lot of wines that were over fifty bucks a bottle....more than I would want to pay in Ecuador. Desert was very good, the only saving grace. Service was mediocre, inattentive; staff spoke English, which was a plus. I would not go back there under any circumstances. I wish the other reviewers had a shred of honesty.

9 Thank FatherofYoda
Ecuador
“Good food good service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My company loves to go there for business meetings, I love to go there too. They like to share some plates so we ordered a lot of them from the menu but they just served us and didn´t bring additional spoons to serve this different plates. Anyway sometimes that happens.

Visited February 2013
Quito, Ecuador
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and Interesting wine menu”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good welcoming. Food is really good even if it is a bit expensive for Ecuador but we know we are not in a typical restaurant but in a gastronomic one.
The wine menu is very wide, the price are correct in comparaison of the ones in the liquor store of Quito.
Maybe the plate was not enough big but once again, welcome in a gastronomic restaurant!

1 Thank Nyco-Bway
Mexico City, Mexico
“really like it”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The "Mariscos a la parrilla" is fantastic!, also do not miss the"Pulpo a la parrilla"..... I'll definitely come back again one day