Ways to Experience Ecuatraveling
from $1,710.00
from $60.00
from $63.00
More Info
All reviews nicky lodge day tour last minute cuyabeno reserve yuca laguna grande quilotoa lake otavalo market paddle boarding planning process galapagos cruise tour options mindo cloud forest amazing days lago agrio national park active volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

We used ecuatraveling to organise a couple of tours out of Quito. Our first was Quilotoa crater lake and Cotopaxi with an overnight stay in Papagayo hosteria followed by a day trip to Otavalo market. Both trips were well organised with fantastic guides and we were well looked after. The Quilotoa/Cotopaxi tour was quite physically demanding, I’m not the fittest and had to resort to hiring a mule for the climb up from Quilotoa lagoon! Reaching the refuge on Cotopaxi was a mega achievement for me and the mountain biking down was a highlight of our Ecuador holiday.

Date of experience: July 2019
ecuatraveler, Owner at Ecuatraveling, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Madkath

Thank you for your comment, we are so happy you enjoy the Cotopaxi and Quilotoa lake :) hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

I want with them to several day tours and to the jungle. They are very professional, listen to your needs and give great advice! I enjoyed the fact that they are flexible and made my trip to Ecuador so smooth. Lois was my agent and she was very helpful and careful. Would recommend 100% this travel agency. Also, I didn't have the time on my trip to visit the Galapagos, but their deals look awesome. I know which agency I will go back to when I come back to visit beautiful Ecuador :). Thank you for the wonderful trip!

1  Thank lyalys26

Dear Lyalys

Thank you for your comments, we are so happy you enjoyed your time with us in Ecuador.

Best

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We were initially anxious about trying to climb Cotopaxi as we live at 300 ft above sea level. Our guide truly cared about us. He gave us a pep talk halfway up and gave us some pointers to aid us in our climb. I cannot wait explain the exhilaration of reaching the top. Then we followed that up by riding bikes down the volcano, which was just as much an accomplishment for this mom of 5 in her early 40s! Our guide made a huge difference in our day. We are so glad that we went through Ecuatraveling.

Date of experience: August 2019

Dear Inde

Thank you for your comment s we are so happy that you have a good day and enjoyed our Cotopaxi trip :)

Reviewed August 11, 2019

This trip was THE best of the 4 we took. It's EARLY with a 7am pick up at the Magic Bean restaurant. NO breakfast here. It doesn't open until after 7.
Gabriel did an EXCELLENT job. He talked enough, answered questions and knew when to be quiet.
You do have a light breakfast opportunity at Cayambe, which is famous for a native biscuit, Bizcochos. They go well with caramel. The owner gave a presentation about how they are made and offered samples. You go across the street to the "Mitidad Del Mundo" site. We skipped it as we'd already seen the site in Quito. Next stop is a beautiful viewing area at Mira Lago overlooking San Pablo Lake.
Direct to Otavalo and the native market. Gabriel specifies the time/place to meet and leaves you to explore. We purchased many high quality handmade items to take home as gifts and a Panama hat for my wife for $20. Don't be hesitant to bargain. 30% off is a good guideline.
Lunch was at a local restaurant in Cotacachi which is the leather craft center in Equador. Depending on how the tour goes, you may only have 15-20 minutes AT MOST to walk down the leather goods avenue. If you truly want to shop for handbags, belts, shoes, etc., you may wish to skip lunch or cut it short.
Across the plaza is a building with a beautiful native mural on the side. It also contains a bronze statue of what appears to be Bob Marley complete with guitar. However, we've been told it’s not him.
Our trip was a small group of only 7 of us. EXCELLENT JOB ECUA TRAVEL!

Date of experience: July 2019
ecuatraveler, Owner at Ecuatraveling, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Hello Christopher

Gabriel is a fantastic and knowledgeable guide who loves sharing his country with travelers, so he will be thrilled to hear this! We loved having you here!

Ecuatraveling Team!

Reviewed August 1, 2019

I did a four day Amazon tour with the Cuyabeno Dolphin Lodge and had an amazing time! I booked my tour with Ecuatraveling and was hesitant at first because of the lack of reviews on the lodge, however the lodge did not disappoint!

Our guide was very knowledgeable about the area and was able to speak in fluent english as well as spanish. The accommodations were good, especially for being in the middle of the Jungle. The beds had bed nets and were were provided with towels, as well as a biodegradable soap, ect. Everyday someone would come and clean each room too. The food was tasty and filling as well. The area was absolutely beautiful and despite the rain, we were still able to do all the activities and have an excellent time.

Don't let the lack of reviews deter you from booking a stay with them. This lodge is fantastic and I, along with everyone in my group, had the time of our lives!

Date of experience: June 2019

Hello!

Thank you for your kind and sincere words! It sounds like you had a fantastic trip to the Amazon, and we and happy that we were able to help.