“A Monet”
Review of Le Parc Hotel

Le Parc Hotel
Ranked #6 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed October 13, 2012

"From far away, it looks ok, but up close it's a big old mess."-from Clueless, and the best way I can describe the hotel.

My review is not new, there are others on here who echo the sentiments.

Front desk reception was great. Very accomodating staff with great English.

Not so much with the bar. We stayed here two nights, two and from Galapagos, and the bartender the first night was AWFUL. Second night, fine. Essentially, Ecuador has a law that prohibits drinking on Sundays. No problem, we'll respect that. But, following our dinner in the restaurant there was a group of Americans and Australians enjoying beer and spirits. We had already inquired since we were having a meal and told it would be acceptable by our driver. Again, we were denied. Why we were and the other group was not was beyond us. The bartender finally consented and allowed us one drink each. That was ridiculous.

The rooms looked really nice but again had flaws. Light bulbs didn't work, hot water was delayed. We stayed on both the 6th and 8th floors and always heard traffic, dogs barking, and of course, flights from Quito's airport, as its in the flight path.

The final flaw in our trip there was the second night going home. We had an early departure, 5:40 a.m., and made arrangements with the front desk staff to bring coffee to our room at 5:30. Well, instead of that, we got a wakeup call at 3:30 a.m. (if you can call it that. the person on the other line just said "yep."), and the coffee came at 4:30 a.m. So, we were ready to head home finally come our drivers' arrival at 5:40.

Overall, it was clean, safe, modern, and new in a city that made me as comfortable as areas around USC. Thus, we never left the hotel except to head across the street to a pharmacy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I travel to Ecuador yearly, I have stayed here every year for the past two years. It is not within walking distance to main town however the neighborhood near by is exquisite. The rooms are all massive with all the amenities in a 5 star hotel. The rooftop bar is always fun. It is just a nice hotel to relax and get away. The spa is small but at the last minute they fit me in for a message and it was great.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelingdiva08
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was booked as part of our pre and post galapagos trip. When we came in I was so impressed by the luxury and size of the suites. Beautiful views. Huge bed and large soaking tub. Unfortunately the service did not measure up. The first night I had sprained my ankle and asked for some ice to be brought up after an hour my husband went down to get it. Being tired we decided to eat a simple dinner in their restaurant onion soup and a ham sandwich. We were the only people in the restaurant and waited 45 mind after ordering for our food. It was awful. When we returned after our boat trip on Sunday night we asked the concierge for a restaurant recommendation. She recommended a Restaurant 20 min walk away. We asked if we needed reservation ? "No " They were closed on Sunday. Also took one hour to get our luggage. Hope our experience was a one off as it is a beautiful place.

Room Tip: Higher rooms do not hear the disco
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Unfortunately due to an airline delay, we didn’t get to spend much time at Hotel Le Parc. Basically a short overnight stay and only 10 minutes from the airport. We were greeted warmly as we entered the lobby of contemporary decor. Check in was fast, we were asked if we needed a wake up call and, because we were being picked up before their restaurant opened, they offered to send up a tray with coffee, juice and breads in the morning. We were checked into a lovely suite. The decor was warm and contemporary, including fresh flowers on a coffee table and a fresh rose in a vase outside our door. We had an honor bar, safe, refrigerator, iron and board, hair dryer and both 110 and 220 outlets. We had a third floor corner room with floor to ceiling windows. Arriving late and leaving early, we never got a chance to admire the view.

The bed was comfortable with extra pillows and a fluffy comforter. Our breakfast tray arrived on schedule and included warm croissants. The only changes I would have liked was reading lights on the bed and bathroom lighting for applying makeup, some personal preferences for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Changitah
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel after finishing a group tour and I couldn't have had a better experience before leaving Ecuador. The service was extremely helpful and friendly and even came up to my room because I had a problem calling out on my phone (everything was fixing really quickly). Beware it is VERY expensive calling long distance. They do have a dining area for dinner that I did not take advantage of. Instead I found the hotel next door (Dann Carlton) had cheaper prices so I went there for dinner. I did eat breakfast here and found it was very good with a pretty good assortment of food. The hotel was spotless and the rooms beautiful. Walking into my room there was a small sitting room that went to a hallway going to the washroom then the bedroom all surrounded by windows overlooking Quito. The only complaint I have for this hotel is the tables next to the bed are so low to the floor it is impossible for someone who wears glasses to see a clock or use an alarm without getting out of bed to look at it.
The hotel has a transfer to the airport which I took advantage of and it was amazing. If you take a taxi to this hotel make sure you have the address handy as my taxi driver did not know where it was until I told him it was next to the Dann Carlton.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Shwagurl
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Le Parc is in the heart of the business center of Quito, main banks, corporate offices and not far from the government center of the city.
Comfortable rooms, excellent food and excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

these guys could not do enough to help us . Birds pood on us and they stink in Quito!- the locals know this and rushed to assist with babywipes. even though we arrived back at the hotel post the time for laundry- 4pm and we were leaving 8am following am, they laundered and drycleaned and returned our clothes by 8pm..outstanding.Pity the massage therapist could not rise to offer a similar service - she and her massage were simply dreadful.rooms are funky and fun and the dinner and breakfast were varied and enjoyable. definitely would recommend it is an uplifting experience in what was otherwise a rather grey dull couple of days.

Room Tip: try not to be overlooking the street
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple