“Fabulous!”

Villa Colonna Quito
Ranked #54 of 116 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Villa Colonna twice during our honeymoon in February 2011. It is quite simply the most beautiful place, and the breakfasts were the best we had during the whole of our 4 week trip. It really is 5* luxury but with a wonderful homely feel. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 0Anonymous0

Reviewed May 17, 2011

We spent just 4 nights in this beautiful place. The decor is something that has to be seen to be believed. Breakfasts are fantastic. However , the real credit for making Villa Collonna work are the hosts, Rodrigo and Rodolfo. My husband and I encountered a problem on our first night at the hotel when one of our cases had been left in Madrid. These 2 wonderful men spent hours on the phone tracking it down and ensuring it was delivered to the hotel in time for our trip into the Amazon jungle. They took the pressure off us so we could enjoy our stay. If you ever have a chance to stay here - grab it with both hands as it is not going to be around for much longer.

Room Tip: All rooms superb
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chrisphil69
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We were bowled over walking through the front door of Rudi's and Rigo's home: into an atmosphere of elegance and charm, a haven of peace away from the frenetic street outside.
Wonderful suites, superb hospitality. Truly luxurious and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ncmorris
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I just returned from a 10-day stay at this lovely B&B. Firstly, it way exceeded my expectations with it's charm and impeccable attention to detail. Beauty and comfort are only exceeded by the hospitality and charm of Rigo and Rudy, the owners of Villa Colonna. I truly loved the luxurious accommodations. The breakfasts were delectable and the rooms were "perefection." Trust me, I would never use the word perfection in any of my travels, except this one! Don't miss this experience! I hope to go there again soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank jaguilar323
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Stayed, sadly, for only two nights and couldn't have been made more welcome.Not going to repeat all the previous commendations, which are all absolutely spot on, by the way, but we can't recommend the Villa Colonna too strongly. Room most attractive, breakfasts unbelievable and the attention from our hosts unbeatable. If you visit Quito, stay there. Thanks, Rudi and Rigo, and all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PedroCampana
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I will begin this review by saying how much I HATE B&B's!! There is something about being in someone's home that makes me feel uncomfortable & unable to relax. This is NOT the case with Villa Colonna!! What an amazing place to stay!!

My husband & I stayed here for a total of 2 nights, in between our various trips in Ecuador. From the moment we arrived (several hours before check in) Rudy & Rigo treated us with such kindness & care. We were given a tour of the home, including the outdoor terrace! Amazing doesn't even describe it!! And when we got to our suite....absolutely beautiful!! The rooms are so comfortable, so well decorated, so luxurious, I didn't want to leave the room to see Quito!

And then there is the breakfast. The food was so delicious, and almost too much!! We only got to experience one meal, because on our second stay we had an early flight to catch. We still received a stock pile of goodies for our morning trip. The amount of care and pride the owners put into the stay really cannot be beat!

I highly recommend Villa Colonna!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NYCDoc07
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We have stayed in many upmarket B&B's throughout North & South America as well as Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Villa Colonna tops them all.

The room was lovely and very relaxing and unusually for a hotel in Quito had a window onto the outside of the building. Other windows faced onto the interior courtyard which is the common local style. There was a lovely patio on the roof for views over the Old Town.

We cannot praise Rudy & Rigo too highly for their kindness, helpfulness and attention to detail. The day we arrived they had just installed the most amazing Christmas decorations we have ever seen!

Not only was the breakfast delicious but the presentation of the food and table would compare favourable with any Michelin 3* restaurant.

The best place to stay in Quito without a doubt.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple