“Tasty Tortellini”
Review of La pasteria Quito - CLOSED

La pasteria Quito
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This is one of my favorite resto in Quito! I love all the pasta but my favorite would be for sure those Tortellini! The low price and special combo make that place very friendly too! Must go!

2  Thank Paule28

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Loved this resturant!!! Tasty pizza and amazing pasta. Such a wonderful and relaxed atmosphere went there twice. Great friendly and fast service!

1  Thank Shaleen S
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a great find thanks to the other reviews on Trip Advisor. After my 2nd visit I decided to write why I will definitely will go there more times. The pastas seemed fresh and the sauces varied. I had the arribiata this time which was very flavorful. We have tried five sauces so far and they were all good . Your decision depends on your taste buds that day:). The $6 special includes a salad / a piece of bread and a beverage(wine/beer/soft). Atmosphere is bright and very casual. This time we had dessert, a lemon pie that we shared...actually reminded us of key lime a bit and it was a tasty ending.

1  Thank esshop
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I ordered a pasta dish and thought it was very well executed.

My partner's pizza was very disappointing though. He thought that having advertised their brick oven, it would be a wise choice. The pizza wasn't inedible by any means, but was just underdone (the cheese had barely melted), and devoid df any flavour.

My only other complaint was that out of the 6 pasta options on the menu, only 3 were available. Out of the 5 beer options, only one was available.

While it wasn't expensive, there are dozens of restaurants offering lunch menus at $2.50 nearby.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I wasn't sure that I would come here after the negative reviews, but I'm glad I did! As an Italian food lover, my search for authentic pizza or pasta had eluded me on this trip. First, you can't find a better deal: a huge plate of homemade ravioli with a tomato/basil cream sauce, an ok salad, and a glass of wine....all for $6!!!!
Will definitely go back again soon. If you are in Quito, be sure to check this place out. It's close to Plaza Foch, but better value, relaxed atmosphere, and delicious food.

1  Thank travellover5704