La Mundial Custom Boots - CLOSED

BIG mistake!

Reviewed September 24, 2015
kobrn
new jersey

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 9, 2017

We visited the showroom in Quito in January, and they took time and care to measure our feet and plan our boots. My son (49), granddaughter (15) and me ( 73) all have difficult to fit feet and require orthodics for comfort and back support. Our boots we delivered exactly as needed, and I know we will each order additional pairs.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Ribig
Reviewed November 10, 2016

Ordered boots for my daughter 8 months ago. They sent us one pair (late), not even close to a fit, sent it back, sent a second pair (very late), which also did not fit. They assured us they would make her a new boot for the second pair, but it was the same pair of boots, they had just added a bigger zipper. The inside of the boot was damaged as well. Customer service constantly makes promises it does not keep. I was as stern as I have ever been with any company and it made no difference. I am now attempting to go through my debit card company to reverse the charges. Disaster from beginning to end.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank tha2negirlfromkansas
Reviewed March 17, 2016

It seems like La Mundial has been going through a bit of a transition period which is understandable for a small business so I imagine thats why they have so many bad reviews, but that wasnt my experience. I had no issue with my handmade boots, they fit perfectly and are warm and comfortable to walk in. The boots are waterproof leather and lined with rabbit fur as I live in Glasgow and it rains a lot. I really shouldnt have, but I climbed arthurs seat in them and they were comfortable and sturdy as well as fashionable which is really difficult to achieve in a pair of boots. I thought the service was great and the boots are great value.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank elsa279
Reviewed September 24, 2015

Measured and ordered at Harrisburg PA Horse Expo. Feb 2015. Received min July. Way too BIG in calf and foot. Sent back. Just received. Too small in foot and calf! Very difficult to reach by phone numerous attempts. Email sent. Still awaiting response. Very disappointed. A lot of money for boots still haven't been able to wear!!

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank kobrn
Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

I can't even describe how awful working with this company was - it would take too long. Suffice it to say that it took 4 attempts to get a pair that fit me and I finally had to measure myself. They sent boots that were huge, boots that were incredibly small, the wrong color etc., and it took almost a year. And my students had the same problems!

Date of experience: July 2015