La Mundial Custom Boots - CLOSED
Review Highlights
LA MUNDIAL IS A COMPLETE FRAUD

Ordered boots for my daughter 8 months ago. They sent us one pair (late), not even close to a fit... read more

Reviewed November 10, 2016
tha2negirlfromkansas
Lawrence, Kansas
BIG mistake!

Measured and ordered at Harrisburg PA Horse Expo. Feb 2015. Received min July. Way too BIG in calf... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2015
kobrn
new jersey

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2014

I paid for custom boots September 2013, I'm so tall I finally decided to spend the money on custom. I received them January 2014 (2 months later than promised). They sure weren't custom to me! 3" too short, baggy in the ankles, crappy leather, wrong color. I asked for new boots, I was so upset. They actually sent me new boots! 4 months later... Again, not what I ordered. At least they were the right height but so not worth the money. I was promised a refund for the 2nd duty charge I had to pay, $100. I kept getting emails saying they'd pay, I even went and met the boot maker at Spruce Meadows which was 1 year after my initial order, he apologized and said he'd put a chq in the mail the next day. Nope, still nothing. They won't return emails, the phone number doesn't work... Before they shut down their Facebook page it had so many complaints about horrible service, missing orders, unhappy customers awaiting refunds, no replies to anyone. Not sure what happened to this company, they used to make great boots. Very disapointing!!!

Date of experience: September 2014
4  Thank star_doc
Reviewed September 25, 2014

Super Frustrated with La Mundial boots. They have made my daughter and I a total of 4 pair of boots which I love and adore. No break in, great fit and comfortable. I had always heard the customer service was pretty bad but really could not imagine the literal hell the company is to try and reach. In early August I received a phone call from what I "assumed" was my post office and this post office told me the boots were mailed to an undeliverable address that did not exist, our office address has not changed and the company managed to get it right 4 times before. We Go to both post offices in Los Gatos and they have never heard of the package. Since August 45 emails and 25 voice mail messages have produced 0 return calls or return emails. I must now travel to a show were a rep is I GUESS as the damn company is unable to answer the phone either in the states or in the country the boots originate from. I have no tracking number nor can I acquire one. Such a shame as they are very comfortable boots but the customer service is just about as crappy as you can get

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank L H
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I am an expat living in Quito, and in May my parents came to visit. My mother has quite small feet for the EU market and so we thought it would be nice for her to have some boots and a pair of shoes custom made here. We went to the Mundial store in Quito and she found a pair that had already been made that fit perfectly, so she took those then and there. The second pair was to be custom made. As she was only in Quito for another 3 weeks we asked for an expedited order. They told us no problem. After 3 weeks, she got the shoes and they were HUGE. They didn't fit at all. Nothing to be done. However, La Mundial was unable to give us a full refund, only a store credit. Very useful for somebody that is leaving the country... Well, as I live here, I thought I would have something made for myself. So I returned and got a pair of shoes they had in the store for reduced price, and asked for 3 belts to be custom made. La Mundial told me my order would be ready in 3 weeks and that they would call me. A month passed, no call. So I started calling them. No answer. And again. Busy line. And again. Was put on hold for 20 minutes. And again. Finally got a person who told me he would check on my order and call me back. He never called back. After a week of these failed attempts, I went to the store in person. They didn't know what had happened with my order, they were going to check with the factory and get back to me. Here's a shocker: they never called back! After another week of daily unsuccessful calls, I finally got a woman on the line who didn't seem completely clueless. She checked on my order and told me it was ready and they would deliver my belts to my house that following Thursday or Friday at the latest. Another big surprise: They didn't. It has now been more than 8 weeks since I placed my order and I am still waiting. Now their phone lines are down since the weekend and their store has closed due to renovation. I have absolutely no way of contacting anybody and my belts are still not ready. They were paid for in May. It is nearly August. In less than 2 weeks I am leaving the country and I wanted to take the belts with me as gifts. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING CUSTOM MADE FROM LA MUNDIAL. If you want to get something, go to their store and try on the shoes and take a pair that's ready. The quality is good. But their service is so bad that anything custom made is just not worth the money, time and headache.

Date of experience: May 2014
6  Thank widgeon91
Reviewed March 15, 2014

One of a kind luxurious boots that will fit perfectly. A must if you are visiting Ecuador you will not find custom made boots like these anywhere else.

Date of experience: March 2014
2  Thank Sofia E
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I first heard of La Mundial through my sister who lives in Quito. When I visited her I went to the factory to get measured and selected the "fashion foxhound" option. Great service and very nice people. My boots arrived in the states about 6 or 7 weeks later and I just love them! They fit me perfectly and have been with me through two winters in Washington, D.C. I am always getting compliments.The only downside is that the rest of the boots in my closet don't get out much anymore because of my LM's. Can't wait to order my next pair!

Date of experience: April 2013