There are lots of hotels in Quito. Spend about US 25 dollars and you will get an ok place but nothing to write home about.
The Eugenia costs about US 70 dollars per room per night and is a lovely 3 or 4 star property, less than half the price of the Marriott across the road and i think just as good. Relatively new the rooms are very clean, nice comfy beds and what makes it is the service, everyone is very friendly and helpful. It is in a safe area of town, only 10 mins walk from the central area and cafes on the street Juan Leon Mera. Here´s a few useful tips for your stay -
- The hotel is very safe and has its own guard. There are no room safes but you can have an individual safe in the managers office with access at any time.
- The hotel has a pc with free web access which is very handy
- Most rooms have a view over the city. The road can be noisy but you really don´t notice it. If you sleep very lightly choose a room on the inside of the hotel although it won´t have an external window.
- There are not many places to swim in Quito but if you fancy a day by the pool, walk 5 mins across the road to the Marriott. They will normally let you use their very good gym and outdoor heated pool with waterfalls for US 20 dollars per person.
- If you want to eat very close to the hotel, go out the front door, turn left and left again and walk for a few minutes. There are two cafes on the left that do good cocktails and food. If you are going to a restaurant further away it is best to take a cab at night, but at 1 or 2 dollars a trip they are very cheap.
- The hotel restaurant is fine although you´ll find better and cheaper food if you eat elsewhere. Breakfast is good although we got eggs every day which was a bit tiresome.
I would highly recommend the Eugenia for a fun and safe stay in Quito.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eugenia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eugenia Hotel Quito