“Beautiful place to stay, with friendly, helpful owner”
Review of Posada Mirolindo

Posada Mirolindo
Ranked #6 of 285 Specialty Lodging in Quito
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I can only praise Posada Mirolindo as all the others do. Gabriella is supereliable - absolutely everything was arranged when I arrived: transfers, room, dinner.
I had a very special request for a tour - but of course Gabriella was able to arrange it, and I spent a fantastic day out with Carlos, the taxi driver she had hired.
The Posada itself is close to the airport, amidst calm, nice countryside. There are no shops and restaurants around but be asured that Gabriella will be able to arrange everything you wish for.
Drop her a mail via their webpage, she'll answer quickly in perfect English, and she can also help you if any problems come up.
The rooms are spacious with bathrooms ensuite, the beds are supersoft and comfortable and the showers heavenly hot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Dan831984

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We showed up at midnight in Quito and Gabriela was there waiting for us at the airport, just as she had arranged over email a few days before. We were exhausted, we had to be back at the airport at 5:30 the next morning (the Galapagos flight, like so many others)-- but when we arrived, the room was beautiful, the hotel was quiet, Gabriela offered us a much-needed glass of water, and it was so relaxing-- the hotel is the family's former country house and the rooms are lovely. We had arranged that we would set out for the airport at 5:15 the next morning and Gabriela had mentioned that we'd have "a hot drink," which was all we were expecting, but in addition to some delicious coffee and tea, there was also bread with butter and jam, and at 5:15 on the dot we were whisked away to the airport again. I was sorry we weren't staying longer so that we could enjoy the hotel more, because this is a place I would return to without question. I don't know what the other airport hotels are like, but I strongly recommend staying here. Everybody was so kind and in spite of the fact that we must have been putting them out considerably, there wasn't a peep of displeasure-- I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

On the way on the plane to Quito I broke a tooth. Gabriela picked me up at the airport at midnight and in the morning found a dentist and arranged for a cab to take me. I spent two nights on the way to the Galapagos and one night on the return from the Galapagos. The place feels like a home and it is very easy to take a stroll down to the small community.

For a modest fee my laundry was washed and folded. If you need a bite to eat in the evening the sandwiches and beverages are just right.

Fancy hotels could learn from the "Posada Mirolindo".

Don,
Sequim Wa.

Room Tip: It probably does not matter but the ground floor would be best if you are bringing a lot of luggage...
1  Thank DonBourgo
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife had to overnight in Quito en route to Galapagos the following day. This was perfect. She was met without fuss at the airport, taken to this lovely quiet location and stayed in the clean and comfortable accommodation. She was taken to the airport, some ten minutes away, the following morning in a timely fashion. Everything worked perfectly: thank you so much.

1  Thank lingodog
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a Beautiful rural home, only 10 minutes from the Airport. Gabriela and the Sanchez family are very friendly and accommodating. They will pick you up from and drop you off at the airport . Breakfast is included (If your flight leaves Quito real early , it will be bread , jams and coffee/ Tea) Our flight arrived at 5:30 a. m. and Gabriella was waiting at the airport. When we arrived at Posada Mirolindo , she had bread , jam, tea and coffee for us and our room was ready by 7:00 a.m. (unexpected by us) so we could take a nap before visiting our daughter in Quito. The night before leaving, we had our daughter stay with us in a room that sleeps three , Gabriella transported her to the Airport to catch a bus into Quito, well after we had caught our plane.
Keep in mind that the airport is approx 45 minutes to 2 hours from the center of Quito, depending on traffic, and there are NO hotels near the airport, other than a few places like the Posada Mirolindo.This is a perfect place to stay if you are flying to the Galapagos the next day or at the end of your Ecuador trip, before you catch a flight home. We would even stay here if we were going to take day trips to the North of Quito. You may hear some noise from people arriving early or late (Not all flights arrive at noon !!!) but would be expected in a home like this and was really not an issue. We were even reminded that guests were sleeping when we arrived. Gabriela responded to us immediately, when we inquired about a room, while other places took a week or so to respond. We feel lucky to have Gabriela respond as she did, otherwise we would not have discovered the Posada Mirolindo !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a lovely, peaceful spot tucked away on a hill outside of Quito. You can walk up the road a bit from the hotel to get a view of the whole city a few miles off, or to see the unbelievable gully that runs alongside the road up the mountain. The hotel itself is gorgeous -- it feels like a real family home with private rooms, a fireplace, a dining area. The Sanchez family is sweet and accommodating and will be glad to pick you up at the airport. When I first arrived in Quito I stayed in a place in the Mariscal Sucre (Casa Helbling) and I really enjoyed it, but the cab ride to the airport from the city takes up to an hour. For that reason it makes a lot more sense to stay at Posada Mirolindo if you have an early morning flight, or if you just want to be in a quiet, peaceful area for a day or two. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Like most other reviewers here, I chose Posada Mirolindo in part for its proximity to the new Quito airport - which is now completed and functioning … despite the fact that the road from the city is NOT complete resulting in travel times of up to 2 hours. I saw the first several excellent reviews here on TA, and decided to give it a shot. I was delighted at the result.
I had been corresponding with Gabriela in Spanish, and continued to use Spanish while I was there. This enabled me to not only speak to her, but also to her parents. (I learned that the name was suggested by a friend from Columbia, who offered it as an alternative to "Bella Vista" and similar "view-based" names that are used by lots of other places. And, BTW, the view at night of the valley, Quito suburbs, etc, is breathtaking.
As others have said, the places is charmingly designed, spotlessly clean, and equipped with excellent bathrooms with ample hot water and very comfortable beds. The food (ask in advance if you'd like diner, they comply with pleasure) is excellent. (I agree with another reviewer's note about the garlic salsa.) I also had an early flight, and waking up to croissants, rolls, marmalade, and coffee was a delightful start to a busy travel day.
One piece of advice: if you are taking a cab or car service out here form Quito, ask Gabriella to provide you with her excellent turn-by-turn directions from the main highway.It is either part of a working farm, or right next to one, so there are some barking dogs during the day and a few roosters in the AM, but I was up before the birds to catch my flight anyway!
I arrived fighting a flu with a nagging cough, and Gabriella immediately suggested some hot lemon tea with honey, which was wonderful. (No charge; offered sweetly and with loving concern.)
I remember that when heading out there into what seemed like the middle of nowhere, I was hoping that the reviews here were accurate, because I felt like I was going out on a limb. The reviews are accurate … the place is a delight. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have balconies with rocking chairs overlooking the valley and distant moun...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quito
San Jose de Puembo - Quito Airport, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Quito Airport Suites
Quito Airport Suites
#1 of 14 in Tababela
Huasi Lodge - Bed & Breakfast

Been to Posada Mirolindo? Share your experiences!