“Organization of difficult trips in South America by Senderos Naturales of Quito”
Review of Senderos Naturales

Senderos Naturales
Ranked #20 of 76 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Senderos Naturales is a family-owned travel agency that offers extraordinary experiences to the most exotic destinations in Latin America and the world. We are your strategic partner for carefully planning your trip to achieve fantastic tailor-made itineraries. Our emphasis is nature observation, either through cross-country treks through the Andes and Patagonia, diving in the Galapagos Islands and New Guinea, or simply visiting magical places like Machu Picchu, the Uyuni salt flat, the Tepues in Venezuela or the tropical rainforests of Indonesia, Central America and the Amazon. Enjoy exotic islands such as Zanzibar, Robinson Crusoe and the mythical Easter Island or just venture to the end of the world: Cape Horn and Antarctica. Senderos Naturales does not sell tour packages, our operations are characterized by being exclusive to you, always focusing on the adventure, knowledge of the culture and gastronomy. We have been awarded as Luxury Boutique Travel Agency of the year by the Luxury Travel Awards due to our high quality service!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The captioned tour agency came recommended by a Canadian agency, who had organized a difficult trip for me down the Amazon in 2005, lasting nearly one month. The Canadian declared itself not competent enough to organize what I wanted in 2008, a trip in Patagonia longer than one month starting in Santiago and ending in Buenos Aires, and therefore recommended Senderos Naturales. This agency asked many questions about what I was interested in and what level comfort or discomfort I wanted, and then put forth a plan which went on perfectly and took me in some fairly god forsaken places where my hotel room was always there for me, not to mention all my transportation, buses, airplanes, boats and taxis, all there when they were supposed to be there. Not all other travelers were so lucky. In 2011 I asked them to organize another trip to Patagonia, including a boat ride of several days from Puerto Natales in Chile (way South) to Puerto Montt, but the ship that I was supposed to take just three days before I left the States met with a rock and nearly sank, well Senderos found me another ship in no time at all and my trip went off like a charm, as if it had always been organized that way. No troubles or delay of any kind. I recommended Senderos to my son when he had to go to Lima for diplomatic business and on the spur of the moment wanted to use the weekend to visit Cuzco and Machu Picchu, Senderos not only did it perfectly, but managed to avoid my son being stuck in Cuzco because of a strike, whereas his colleague who had used another agency could not leave for two or three days. So now Senderos is organizing another trip form me in Brazil, where I will go if they stop all those demonstrations.

Visited August 2012

Calgary, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thank heavens for Senderos Naturales !”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have used the services of Senderos Naturales for over 13 years - and have yet to be disappointed! Friendly, informative, personable, and caring! Macarena and her team of professionals offer start to finish travel services.

This time 5 of us (all ladies) decided on a visit to Quito and environs - including a night at Hacienda Cusin and a day at Otavalo Market! Senderos Naturales created a custom fit package that included all of our interests - and added several ideas, such as a visit to a Rose Plantation, which included a gorgeous lunch at the plantation home. In addition, she chose a reputable and personable driver whose congenial personality added to our wonderful trip.
In my long experience of using the services of Senderos Naturales - the smallest details are taken care of with thoughtfulness and foresight.

I can't say enough about how we appreciate Macarena, her team -- and Senderos Naturales!
Thank you for your excellent service!
Ruth&Emma

Visited May 2013
Santiago, Chile
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best Trip Ever!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our family cannot find words to say Thank You enough!
We had an absolutely incredible trip. You thought of everything.
I don't think there was a single time when we were not absolutely pampered from the wonderful accommodations, the guides that were so knowledgeable and friendly (Lenin is going to be an adopted family member!), the drivers that were expert at the road and our security, the boat (oh, the boat... how wonderful was that?!), the scenery, the animals...well, just everything.
We saw enough of Ecuador that we all want to come back!
Oh, and the coffee is great! You even thought of that!!

Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent planning of trip to Equador”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Macarena arranged a wonderful trip for a family of 10 ( age range from 75 to 10) to Equador. She put forth an enormous effort to create a beautiful and unique experience and an unforgettable adventure. Excellent planning included the choice of hotels which reflected the history and culture of Equador and visits to beautiful natural sites inluding riding in the high Andes, the glacier at Cotopaxi and a rescue prey bird sanctuary in Cusin.

Visited June 2013