“...good but pricey...”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“...good but pricey...”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The place is great and had a really cool design, but for my opinion the price is too much for what you got. Beside that I think that is good to go there at least once.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Waovli

“Go for the burgers.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Cuisine: American.
Location: You will find it in an old hacienda house that has been turned into a pretty attractive place. Wood pallets set the ambiance, with a remarkable metal dragon leading the way to the second floor. The music was very good. You can park on the street.
Pros: So far, the best burger I've had in Quito. The menu says the beef is 100% sirloin steak (bife de chorizo), which I can confirm. I had a BBQ burger filled with cheddar cheese; the meat was perfect. I think they bake their own bread, and then roast it with a little bit of butter. My friend had a Mediterranean burger that was very pleasant as well.
Cons: Under Ecuadorian standards (and even international) this place is a bit pricey. You will be paying for a good burger though. Although not entirely a con, they could improve the service a bit. I had an extra side of coleslaw that seemed it had been in the fridge overnight.
Will definitely come back.

• Visited October 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good, but way too expensive...”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The burgers were good here, as were the service and atmosphere etc. But the food is overpriced, it's that simple. My burger and fries cost $13.50... if I paid that in the UK it would still be expensive. Operating costs and food costs are so significantly lower in Ecuador that for $13.50 I can't even imagine the burger I would expect to be served, let alone describe it!

Normally if the food and service is good then I wouldn't even think twice about the bill, but this is different. The profit they are making on food is so excessive that they're basically taking the........... out of their own customers.

In addition to all this they state on the menu that service is included and then when you get the bill there's a little card in there asking for a tip! I worked in restaurants and hotels for years so I always, always tip. But this time I didn't.

Tasty burgers though.

1 Thank travellingfoodie123
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Hamburger in Quito”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just ate a great Hamburger in Quito. The meat was tender and the french fires were fried just right. The cole Slaw was just right. The atmosphere was upbeat and hip. I would recommend that if you crave American food this is the place.

1 Thank Ronald B
Quito, Ecuador
“The best burger I've ever had”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

What an amazing lunch I had today at Red.
This hip building uses glass-topped pallets for tables with slick metal chairs. The patio has the best seats in the house.
The food is lovingly prepared as explained in the menu. The prices are above average for Quito, but they pay off with very fresh and unusual ingredients. I had the Brie burger with caramelized onions and bacon. The bread was soft and the ingredients made for a perfect combination.
The bar specializes in capirinhas with several different flavors. I had passion fruit. The drink was strong and contained plenty of fresh passion fruit.
Check this place out. I was pleasantly surprised .