“Meh. Definitely not the best in Quito!”
Review of Ciao Bella - CLOSED

Ciao Bella
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I wasn't overly impressed with our experience at Ciao Bella. My husband and I went for breakfast during our recent trip to Quito. The cappuccinos were pulled from an automatic Nestle machine (bummer). My freshly made cinnamon bun was warm, but lacking in cinnamon. My husband's apple tart was similarly lack-luster. Nothing was bad, just not impressive. We got better pastries and coffee at the cafe by the Swissotel up the street.

Disclaimer: All the other reviews raved about the tiramisu. We didn't have an opportunity to try it on the trip as they didn't have any prepared when we went. During our next visit, we will go back to try that.

1  Thank Bekah W
There are newer reviews for Ciao Bella

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I loved the nice people who are very motivated!!! real great patisserie, coffee con dolce!!
Will come back again...(maybe every day!!:>)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This friendly pastry shop has excellent desserts and is very reasonably priced. Tiramisu is Delicious!!! I could spend a better part of my day just sitting in the café sipping tea and eating their lovely pastry!
Nice service! Internet WIFI. Oh, and the place also has a very lovely terrace area which is perfect for summer days... They also have ecuatorian ice cream homemade !
I recommend you strudel with vanilla icecream !!! Yummy !!! :-)

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had heard about them through here but it was very disappointed. The tarts were not fresh and too sweet. Very basic baking!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We found this cafe on TripAdvisor and thought we'd like to check it out, seeing as it's ranked number one in Quito, and also because my boyfriend's a little obsessed with tiramisu. We visited on a Saturday, when our favourite coffee shop is closed, and another time one afternoon. The cafe is easy to find and although the space is small there's outdoor seating- which is nice for the times when you want to bask in the sun. Both times that we visited the service was attentive and very friendly. The coffee is pretty good for Quito- but we avoided the Nescafe that was also on offer. They have artisanal teas which are also pretty good. However, the real highlights of this place are the desserts and pastries- which are on display in a glass cabinet. The tiramisu is delicious, as is the strudel. They obviously have a talented pastry chef here. I'd recommend this place if you're looking for desserts and pastries- it's a great patisserie!