“Fun relaxed and informative day trip from Quito”

Let's Go to Ecuador Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 118 Tours in Quito
Canberra, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun relaxed and informative day trip from Quito”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We totally enjoyed our day out with Jamie and Angela to Otavalo and beyond. They picked us up from our hotel, we travelled very comfortably in their late model car to the various towns and markets on the scheduled tour. Both are really lovely friendly and very knowledgeable about the area and it was a pleasure to spend the day with them. Highly recommend and we intend to do more trips with them when we are back in Quito

Visited October 2013

King George, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is an excellent taxi service in Quito. They were always punctual and courteous. While they may have slightly higher rates then other services , their vehicles are midsize and spotlessly clean. Angela was very knowledgeable and helpful. She spoke very good English. They also do tours but I would suggest scheduling them in advance because they book up quickly. I will definitely use them when I return to Ecuador.

Visited August 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Quito transfer & Mindo Cloud Forrest day tour”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My partner and I recently had a short visit to Quito prior to a Galapagos cruise. Our flight was scheduled to land at the new airport just before midnight. It actually was a little bit late, but Jamie was there to meet us and took us straight to our hotel providing courteous service.

The following day, he took us on a day tour to the Mindo Valley, Our first stop was at the Mitad del Mundo, “Middle of the World Monument” where we probably crossed the equator more times in 30 minutes than a carrier sailor does in a lifetime. There were some interesting shops here featuring handmade wool items at reasonable prices. We did not buy much, as warm clothing is seldom needed at our Padre Island, Texas home.

We continued on to the Mindo Valley. As we lost elevation, it was interesting to see the foliage change from that of the rather dry Quito area to the green of the cloud forest. While there, we had a good lunch and visited a chocolate factory. My personal favorite was a bird sanctuary where a man had set up feeders for many types of birds. We saw many varieties which I had never seen before (especially hummingbirds). We wanted to go to a butterfly farm, but due to overcast misty weather, we learned that the butterflies were inactive.

On our way back to Quito the weather cleared up and we got a great view of Quito’s large snow covered Cotopaxi Mountain which is often in the clouds.

Jamie was a wonderful host. English is his first language, and he was very knowledgeable about his adopted country. Although we did not meet Angela, we have no problem recommending their services.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Best Tour Experience I Have Ever Had”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I cannot say enough about Angela and Jamie. They are wonderful guides and wonderful people. When planning my trip to Ecuador to go exploring the Cacao jungles, I reached out to several tour operators. Jamie and Angela were by far the most responsive - always prompt and thorough. With their help, I crafted my own unique trip to explore cacao production all over Ecuador. We literally drove or flew over half the country, and Jamie and Angela were with us all the while.They bent over backwards to make my trip exactly what I wanted, and with their extensive network and contacts, I had the most wonderful experience. They even took me to state-run institute of cacao production in Quevedo!

In addition to being great guides, they are also wonderful people; the kind of people you wish you had for your every-day friends. If you go to Ecuador, do yourself a favor and look them up~!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robert S
Salt Lake City, Utah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable,friendly, and patient”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband & I usually do our own research before traveling and rarely utilize tours (let alone private), but we were limited with time. Booked last minute day trip into Quito, recommend by tumbaco b&b. Jaime picked us up for airport around noon, and drove into Quito. Having done minimal research on Quito, Jamie provided us with a private 9hour day trip into Quito. Took us to the local attractions, provided us excellent photo opportunities/locations. Most importantly, gave us personable/local insight into the economy, politics, everyday events of Quito. We were amazed that Jamie drove around Quito with no GPS - knew the streets quite well. Returned us back to airport late in evening (with our luggage) for our international flight home.

Private tour with Jamie comes highly recommended. We enjoyed our experience with Jaime, and are seriously considering a return trip back to Quito

Visited July 2013