Lowest prices for your stay
$96
Priceline
$106
Go to your Happy Price
Rebeka B

Nice Accommodation in Quito!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 14, 2017
Casa Gardenia is very well located at the Old Town in Quito. The views are magnificent to the Old Town in the day and night time.
The staff is very nice , the room was very clean, the hot water works perfectly.
The breakfast is delicious prepared with local ingredients.
We had a fabulous time there.
A place to feel like home!
Date of stay: March 2017
Restaurant
1.9 miles from Hotel Casa Gardenia
11.9 miles from Hotel Casa Gardenia
View more hotels in Quito
All reviews top floor old town ten minute walk historic district lovely hotel walking distance we loved our stay no elevator taxi driver location was perfect would definitely stay here again hotel is located andres basilica airport ecuador cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2017

From the start, the staff was most friendly and helpful.
The location was about as perfect as one could get....a few blocks away from central Old Town (which means a bit more quiet). A walk to Mariscal was easy on Sunday Streets with street closure and getting the lay of the land was a snap.
My room was large and modern. The only constructive criticism I can offer is to focus a bit more focus on cleanliness. Nothing major, just a slightly dirty shower both days (the hair, etc I had noticed upon my arrival was not cleaned the next day despite an overall room cleaning).
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2017

Casa Gardenia is a fabulous place to stay in Quito. The views of the Old Town is simple the best. The rooms are wide, super clean and spacious with incredible views.
The breakfast is really tasty, the staff is super friendly!
Great accommodation affordable prices!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2017

I loved staying in Casa Gardenia for my weekend trip. The rooms were wide, clean, comfortable and modern. The hotel had a wonderful view and you could go to the terrace to enjoy the sun and the breeze. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast is made with local ingredients, it was delicious (had a small variety of fruit, bread, cheese, milk, cereal, eggs) and in general the place has this family feel I liked. The owner was also very friendly.

1  Thank solromo
Reviewed February 10, 2017

My wife an I stayed at Casa Gardenia for two nights. Although the place is lovely, we had an unfortunate incident which we do not feel the management dealt with properly.

The second morning I left our room and passed a young man, several feet from the door. We both nodded, said good morning and I went on my way downstairs to breakfast. When my wife came down shortly after, she told me that immediately after my departure the young man entered our room, surreptitiously, without knocking. Seeing my wife naked, he immediately retreated. Since the young man watched me depart the room, noticing that I had not locked the door and subsequently entered the room without knocking, we strongly suspect his motive for entering. I mentioned the incident to the young lady managing the hotel. She, in turn, told the cleaning lady, the young man's mother, who came and pleaded with us not to report the incident to the owner. We followed up with an email to the owner, but suspect that the email was intercepted and responded to by the young manager, based on the message which referred to "apologizing again". Although the email was signed by the owner, we had never spoken to him about this incident.

We are permanent residents of Ecuador, understand the culture and difficulty many people have obtaining and keeping good jobs. Nonetheless, we feel that not reporting this incident would be a disservice both to the owners and to future travelers. The hotel is truly lovely, well situated and worth consideration, but .....

Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank Rex A
Reviewed February 9, 2017

This is a small hotel with a "family" feel - the staff is very helpful, courteous and service-oriented. The breakfast in the morning is "sufficient", but not really spectacular. The hotel arranged for us to be picked up at the airport (about an hour's drive from the airport) for a fee of $ 30. We also hired through the hotel's front desk a local driver (Juan Carlos) for a whole day and he was very good at showing us lots of sights - for a cost of $ 60 you cannot beat this, and it definitely was better than taking a tour bus. The roof terrace at the hotel is gorgeous and the view just unforgettable! We would come back to this hotel any time and hope to do so again soon :-)

Room tip: All rooms are recommendable :-)
1  Thank Brigitte484