“GREAT ECUADORIAN COFFEE - FANTASTIC ESPRESSO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Coffee Academy

The Coffee Academy
Ranked #44 of 55 Coffee & Tea in Quito
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Description: We are a specialized company for Barista Training to coffee shops, restaurants, hotels, etc.. and We have our own Coffee Shop.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“GREAT ECUADORIAN COFFEE - FANTASTIC ESPRESSO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stumbled across this coffee shop, only a couple of blocks from the foche...and WOW! The coffee is 100 times better, so much love and care taken into making every espresso, ristretto, cappucino, latte etc.

Andres really knows what hes talking about, from several visits I have learnt more about coffee than I could imagine.

Its not just a cup of coffee its an education!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hdog12345

“This place knows coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

When we first traveled to Ecuador I couldn't wait for some of the best, and most fresh coffee in the world. Unfortunately this was not the case at many shops. I take pride in coffee and have been a barista and a few upscale restaurants, so naturally when I order an espresso or restretto, I expect at least a little quality. Well a friend of mine told us about The Coffee Academy and how great it was. Figuring I had nothing to lose I tried it. This place is BY FAR the best place to get a cup of coffee in Quito, believe me on this. The owner's name is Andres and he is the man. The first time I walk in I chat with him about coffee and tell him I was a barista at some point. Now the cool part about The Coffee Academy is the name actually means something, Andres teaches people the fine art of barista training, and is very passionate and intelligent about the process. So if you're in Quito and want a great latte, cappuccino, or espresso GO here, you will thank Andres. If you're interested in classes inquire about them!

Visited August 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good coffee, nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The title says it all: good coffee in a nice place. They have an Italian machine which makes good coffees. Lots of choice and there are snacks to go with it like brownies and apfelstrudel. Staff is friendly and speaks English

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank flipflopfiles
Trabuco Canyon
“Great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The owner and his daughter were absolutely charming, and funny. The coffee was strong, which works for many people. The pastries could you some work. The building is fantastic - colorful and warm.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Arana3
Lima, Peru
“A coffee lover's heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Drawn in by the sign that said "Barista training" I went in to expect to find a decent cup of coffee... I actually walked into a living room filled with people who are absolutely crazy about coffee. You get immersed in the world of coffee professionals who are more than glad to share their passion. Needless to say the coffee is delicious ;)
I ended up going for a training which is more than worth-wile!

• Visited July 2013