“Fantastic Apartment and Guide!”
other travelers have booked this property
BEDROOM 2: Queen size bed BEDROOM 3, with a single bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
BEDROOM 2: Queen size bed
BEDROOM 3, with a single bed
LIVING ROOM, spacious, comfortable and luminous
TV ROOM: Tv cable, DVD, tons of movies to choose, exchange books. Board games
HUGE BATHROOM: hot water 24/7. Great presure!
WASHER AND DRYER, also exterior space to sun dry if prefered
Entrance
Sandra, the owner
FOOD MARKET: within 12 minuts' walk or a 1$ taxi ride
QUITO COLONIAL: 0,25$ US in the troley-bus or 2,50$ US taxi ride
LA COMPANIA DE JESUS in Quito. All covered in gold!!!
ROOFS from a roof in Quito
SANTO DOMINGO CHURCH, sample of Quitenian colonial art
GALAPAGOS; the jungle; beaches and volcanos. We can help with your travel arrangements
TREN CRUCERO, from luxurious to afordable rides along the country
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Diane H
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Apartment and Guide!”
Reviewed January 1, 2018 for a stay in November 2017

We were with Sandra for four days. She was an excellent guide. We stayed in her beautiful home for one night before touring other places in Ecuador. Her home is lovely. The apartment that we stayed in had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms a fully equipped kitchen which was stocked with fruit, juice, coffee and tea. We arrived late at night. She picked us up at the airport. We were tired and opened the door to this gorgeous apartment. The bed was very comfortable. Sandra was a huge help to us with her navigation of the roads and language. I would highly recommend her apartment. I would even go a step further and highly recommend her as your guide to this beautiful city and Country.

I forgot to mention how friendly and hospitable that Sandra is. We had lots of laughter and fun during our 4 days with Sandra as our guide. She was very helpful in the restaurants and helped introduce us to native drinks and food. She also was a huge help in the markets in Otavalo. We also toured the cloud forrest in Mindo. She led us on a beautiful waterfall hike. I can't imagine our trip without having her as our guide. We initially met Sandra through Quito my home. After emailing, we found that she is also a guide. So, we not only stayed at her beautiful and comfortable apartment, we also found a wonderful guide and friend. Thank you Sandra

Diane Hartranft

Jan 3, 2018
Hi Diane thank you very much for your kind review. It was a great pleasure to meet you and Denis. You are a wanderful and fun couple to travel with. I cherish lots of wanderful memories of our trip around Ecuador. I am looking forward to see you very soon again.
Have a wanderful 2018!!!
sanlanas
Quito
“A Special Place on Our Hearth!”
Reviewed September 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Once we decided to visit Ecuador we started righ away the search of a place to stay

We looked in sevaral sites and this apartment keept coming again and again with perfect FIVE STARS comments. So I read almost all of them. They were all very consistent so I wrote to have a better feeling.

Sandra the owner, help us clarify our trip planning and to manage a better budget which help us include four glorious days in Galapagos!!!

The apartment was a warm place to relax and enjoy family time. As well as cooking great meals with fresh fruits and vegetables from just around the corner.

We even took some cooking clases with our three kids. Sandra showed us how to prepare QUINUA SOUP WITH CHEESE sooo yummy!!! FRITADA roasted pork with onions and garlic!!! And CEVICHE DE CAMARON!!!

We all enjoyed eating and learning some Spanish. This was a great activity for all ages.

Sandra also took us to churches out of the turistic path which were hiden gems we would have never found them on our own.

Well recommended, the time here was totally worth!!!

Oct 1, 2017
Dear Carolyn and Jack thanks for the nice review!

It was so fun cooking with your family. Sofy's ability to peel the shrimps just amazed me! She will become a great cook, no doubt.

When convenient, please send me dates your in laws are coming to Quito. If they need anything please let them know they can write me for information they might need. Please tell them for the Galapagos cruises they will need to book it well in advance if they are coming around December.

Hugs to you all, and hopping to see you soon again.
Donald S
“Enjoyed our stay.”
Reviewed September 23, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Sandra was so helpful to the 5 seniors that made up our group. The rental was as advertised, very clean and well decorated.

Sep 24, 2017
Dear Carolyn thank you very much for you review.
I hope you had a good ride back to your new home in Cotacachi.
If you both come back Quito I have a little studio for two as well. I can also arrange visits around if desired.
Hugs,
MKGrady
“Great Location and Apartment”
Reviewed January 4, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My family of 4 adults stayed here for a little over a full week. Sandra is beyond awesome! In addition to answering so many of my questions before we ever arrived, she is extremely helpful in Quito. I found myself emailing her so I wouldn't disturb her at home, but she lives upstairs and is accessible by phone.

The apartment was the perfect size for us with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen had everything we needed, and we prepared meals for ourselves a few times. There is a fruit stand, bakery, pharmacy, and a couple of tiendas within walking distance. A SuperMaxi (grocery store) is also within walking distance, but it's a cheap taxi ride if you prefer. There are several restaurants close by as well, and we had great meals at all the ones we chose.

The location is close to a main road in Quito, so you can easily catch a cab to any destination within the city. A bus stop is close as well although we chose not to take one while in Quito.

It can be chilly in the apartment in the evening and early morning, and there are ample blankets on the bed.

Great home base for exploring Quito and the surrounding area.

Jan 7, 2017
Dear Mary Katharine thank you so much for your warm review!!!!

It was so nice to learn from your Christmas tradition of traveling the family all toghether each year to a diferent country. A very lovely example of how this time of the year should be no more than family time.

Please give my best to your parents and brother and wishing you all a wanderful 2017!!!
Charmaepy...
“A place full of Awesomeness! A perfect home to stay in Quito, Ecuador!”
Reviewed November 3, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Awesome apartment and the most awesome host Sandra. I came in Quito with 2 of my other colleagues for the Habitat 3 Conference. We stayed for 10 nights from 13-23 October. The warmth and hospitality of Sandra being the host you can already feel when she picked us up in the airport. She gave us all the information we need and even went an extra mile to make sure there are bread, coffee, tea in the apartment in case we are hungry after a long flight.

She herself is a tourist guide so it is very handy to have her give us tips on what we can do and what is practical or not. She makes sure that the apartment is also being cleaned after a few days even if it's actually our responsibility to keep it clean. She helped us grab a taxi whenever we needed it and she is just an angel in disguise.

Wifi connection is also super fast & very reliable which is very important especially because we came to Quito to work.

My stay in Quito was perfect. Thanks to the ever supportive and Mama-like treatment of Sandra. I can definitely recommend big time to stay at Sandra's place. And to Sandra, we will meet again...next time with my whole family.☺

Nov 7, 2016
Dear Mansi,

It’s so nice when you make good friendships in life. You are one of this persons, easy to laugh and easy to get along. The Habitat Conference was a great opportunity to have all these wonderful people from all over bringing their expertise and wonderful ideas to improve the world. You were one of them and I am also very thankful for that!,

I want to thank you for staying with us and hopefully one day you might be able to come back with all your family. I would love to meet them!
Mansi V
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A perfect home away from home”
Reviewed November 3, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed with 3 friends / colleagues in Sandra's apartment for 10 days during the Habitat III conference in Quito. In brief, the house was very comfortable with great attention to details for your every need - from fresh fruits to cooking equipment to washing machine to just beautiful craft details. The location of the house is in a wonderful quiet and safe neighbourhood with easy access to taxis, supermarket, places to eat, public parks, departmental stores etc. It takes just a quick hop and ride to reach downtown La Mariscal / Centro historico. Knowing the city fabric of Quito better now after these 10 days, I am even extra glad to stay in the neighbourhood of this apartment.

Sandra as a host, surpasses all expectations - she immediately helps to make you feel welcome, comfortable and safe. Not only helping you with settling down, Sandra also helps you with tours (she herself is an excellent tour guide and a fun intelligent companion at that). From all my experiences of renting homes worldwide, I can confidently say - this was the best! Thank you for a great time and for sure this will not be our last visit to you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 3, 2016
Dear Charm,

It was a real pleasure to meet you all with the laughs and great energy you brought to Quito.

I am very glad you had a good flight back home and finally get to be with your family again. Your little ones are not going to let you go anywhere soon! Because mom is really fun and loving. I know you were missing them so much.

Please let me know if you decide to come back to Ecuador, hopefully with all your family, I would love to meet them all specially your little babies.

Lots of hugs,
Frostburg, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 7, 2016
Hi David and Elaine, thanks for your kind words. I hope you had a good flight back home.

I was looking at the information you left me about the volunteer work you did and I want to thank you for caring about this program in Cuenca. It is so great to be able to count with people like you and your family to make a diference!

It is really nice to have meet you all, you have three great kids!
Abrasos,
Sandra
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing