“Woderful owner who goes a step beyond for renters...”
other travelers have booked this property
Great view while eating
Amazing phenomena of nature from a safe distance!!! Queen size bed, can split into two twins
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Great view while eating
Amazing phenomena of nature from a safe distance!!!
Queen size bed, can split into two twins
View from the thrid floor
Kitchen with a great view of the Andes and south of Quito
Kitchen view of the north oriental part of the city
TV Cable, Wi-Fi, DVD, movies and books
Microwave and coffee maker
Fruit stores
Big supermarket, 12 minutes walk
Great park within 3 minuts walk
La Ronda St
Train and Chimborazo volcano
Plaza de San Francisco
The jungle. Let us help with your traveling arrangements
Galapagos, we will help to find a good deal for you
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
JerryColl...
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Woderful owner who goes a step beyond for renters to that everything just right.”
Reviewed July 23, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Conveniently located, this very clean apartment has all the necessities for a great stay in Quito. Very fast Wi-Fi. Plenty of hot water for showering and pleasantly decorated. I recommend this apartment to any person or couple.

Traveling group: Solo
Jul 25, 2016
Hi Gerard thanks for your kind review. I hope you have agreat stay at Cotacachi !!!

Please keep me posted about your moving to Cuenca. I hope to see you soon again.
Saludos
Savoryguy
Newark, New York
“Super experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Our visit in late February to Quito and its surrounds was deeply satisfying, eye-opening and often breathtaking and our hostess Sandra L. helped make it so. She is one of those rare individuals who are both attentive and sympathetic yet perfectly discreet. Warm, helpful and engaging are a few of the adjectives we can throw her way. On our arrival she informed us that because of a minor glitch in our reservation she was upgrading us to a larger apartment at no extra cost. Three times larger, in fact. Talk about a good first impression! Almost everything around her property is within easy walking distance. And public transportation is so cheap it's almost unreal. When is the last time you've taken a taxi ride for $2? And the buses are even cheaper. Never mind the guy who tried to pick my pocket on the trolleybus. Just be careful. Remember you are in a big city. Having said that, my wife and I always felt safe. And Quito's Old Town is lovely. We spent many an hour there visiting its shops, restaurants and monuments, especially its churches. And if you really want a fantastic experience visit Café Mosaico and watch the lights of the city go on from the terrace as you sip a glass of wine. I'd also recommend the Dios no Muere restaurant just a short walk from the Plaza Grande in Old Town. Or ride the bus through the mountains to Otavalo to take in the world famous outdoor Mercado on a Saturday. It's colorful, teeming and if you're a supershopper like my wife a heaven-sent wonder.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Warmth and friendliness of the people
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Aug 15, 2016
Hi Herm and Carole,

I just relizad I haven't thank you for this wanderful review. Very sorry about it!!!

I was very pleased to up grade your reservation. Your stay is as important as the hole trip of your traveling adventure. I am very happy to have being able to give you the peace of mind you deserve and a little bit more.

It's so nice to be in touch on the net, it is always nice to hear from you both.
hllewis43...
Wellington, Florida
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed January 31, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Sandra the manager was very helpful and made us feel comfortable and supported. The view from the room is beautiful of the volcanoes. The room is tiny but adequate , as is the bathroom and kitchen. A lot of steps to walk up. In a neighborhood, so you get away from the noise of the city traffic.

Feb 1, 2016
Hi Denise and Harvey, thank you very much for your review! Please let me know when you will be back in Quito, I will be very happy to see you again. Enjoy the rest of the trip!!!
pigir60
Terrebonne, Canada
“Perfect place to explore Quito”
Reviewed January 6, 2016 for a stay in October 2015

We spend 5 weeks in Sandra's place and really loved it. All has been said about their hospitality and it's true. I would like to insist about the location. Hey, here you can walk to Sushibi sushi restaurant, for us perhaps the best sushi place we ever eated !!!. Say hello to Junior from his Canadian friends Pierre and Sylvie. On la calle the la Isla, 1 minute away, you can have a great almuerzo (lunch) for 4$ from a graduated cook !! and there is also a family own restaurant just on the next street wich is not to miss for 5$, all taxes and tips inclusive !! ... fruits and vege very nice and typical as you see on photos. At 3-5 minutes away walk the very good San Honore for delicius pastries and coffee. You can take a cab (2-2,50) to Mariscal wich is a great place for artisanal market, many terraces and restaurants..Same thing (2,50$ taxi) to beautiful shopping center Quicentro, Super day at the teleferico where you have to go !! (3$ taxi) ,We did cook on the stove a couple of fituccini with shrimps for the great supermarkets (15 minutes walk). Don't forget to take the membership card for great saving there... On Sandra's advice, used local bus (.80 cents) to Mintad del munda wich was a great experience. We experienced public transportation many times to historic center (25 cents !) and never had a bad situation. We used Sandra's appartement as a campbase to explore other parts of Ecuador such as Banos, Otavalo using regional buses wich was really unexpensive. We also hired some private transportation beetween cities ...from the studio, you can see the Cotopaxi away but we never feel afraid...So if you understand that Ecuador is a different country and you are ready to discover it....this is a good place at a good rate !! Thanks Sandra, thanks for all.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Fridge was freezing sometimes
Jan 7, 2016
Hi Pierre and Sylvie,

I trully admire the traveling spirit you both have. Never stop! (unless you had an appointment with the dentist). I have told all my guests about the new sushi place, they all loved it. In fact I am going tomorrow and I will say hello to Junior from you, I am sure he is going to be very happy. Maybe this will be the quitenian Cheers where everybody knows your name :)

If you ever come back, please know you are always more than welcomed in our place.
Maria K
Covington, Kentucky
“Mini Penthouse with best view of 10+ volcanoes!”
Reviewed September 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Stayed in this property for two weeks with my teenage son. Location is a treat for great photographs of the city and Andean cordillera's beautiful volcanoes and mountains. From the west you view the Guagua Pichincha's picturesque rocky peak, from the north, east and south you feast yourself with Cotacachi, Cayambe (this one is a beauty), Filocorrales, Cerro de Puntas (like a scaly dinosaur), Antisana (a snowy sentinel behind tall buildings), Sincholagua, Cotopaxi (the highest active volcano in the world), Pasochoa, Ruminahui, Corazon. For us it was a comfortable mini-penthouse with everything you can need while away. It is in a safe neighborhood in Quito, took taxis everywhere for about $2. It is bright, clean, well organized. We enjoyed walking two blocks to buy freshly baked bread everyday and exotic fruits. Sandra, the owner is a very resourceful person who knows how to make your stay memorable, worthwhile.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 11, 2015
Malu, thank you very much for our kind words, it means a lot that you felt like in a mini penthouse!!! Meeting you and John have been a great pleasure, all the laughter and long talks and walks we took together, my treat!!!

Looking forward to see you both next year for more training in the highs. Congratulations to John for his great achievements back in USA fields. Great job!!!
Alex2671
Taunton, United Kingdom
“The best trip of my life”
Reviewed April 13, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed in Quito at Sandra,s studio apartment Sandra picking me up at the airport and took me to the studio I had such a warm welcoming from Sandra it made me feel so relaxed and safe. The studio is small but very comfortable it had everything you need for a short stay and was very convenient to local shops and restaurants and was only a 5 min taxi ride to the center of Quito. The taxi journeys is so inexpensive its untrue and the food the same, The people I met there where very welcoming and helpful I couldn't have had a more relaxed fantastic holiday, There is lots to do and see in Quito including the malls and the cathedral in the old town as well as the presidential palace. I will always be very thankful for all the help and assistance given to me by Sandra and her mother they are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. I would recommend this studio apartment to anyone thinking about going to Ecuador and also say its the most friendly and safe city I have ever traveled to . Thank you so much again Sandra it has been an amazing journey and one i will never forget and I hope to travel there again very soon and I will be staying with Sandra again and again

Liked best: The people
Liked least: leaving
Traveling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Apr 13, 2015
Hi Alex, it was wanderful to meet you, the week went so fast! I hope to see you soon again in August. If you need any info about the planning of your visits please let me know to send you the best options available in town.
Have a great time in Germany.
MacMcGee3...
Sudbury, Canada
“Comfortable, good location and nice view”
Reviewed February 12, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We enjoyed the facilities. The apartment was close to public transportation which gave us access to the old city as well as the "Middle of the World" (Equator). The welcome at the apartment was warm and friendly and the owner provided us with fresh flowers and a bowl of fresh fruit.
The apartment was not close to restaurants other than small shops selling empanadas, bakery and pharmacy. But, a taxi ride of $1 took you to decent restaurants and a large supermarket. The owner also had books of information regarding public transport, maps of the city, and restaurants. She was on site ready to give us any information we needed including calling taxis. Overall, we would gladly stay at this apartment again.

Feb 13, 2015
Hi Fernande and Bob, thanks for choosing to stay in our studio. I hope you are enjoying the rest of you trip in Ecuador. Galapagos is always a place to visit, I dream to go back soon!
If you ever come back we will be happy to see you again.
Sandra
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing