“Sani Lodge Yasuni Ecuador” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours

CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 75 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Owner description: New to the CarpeDM family in 2015 - Caiman Eco-lodge and Casa CarpeDM. Founded in 2007, we pride ourselves in providing great value in our programs ranging from: Galapagos Cruises & Island hopping, Amazon, daytours, climbing, biking, trekking, community projects and more. Our 3/3/3 program also ensures your time has a lasting impact. Located in the Heart of Historical Quito our passion for Adventure & Ecuador can found minutes away from Plaza San Blas. Our team looks forward to sharing the best of Ecuador with you!
London, United Kingdom
“Sani Lodge Yasuni Ecuador”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We organised our trip to the Amazon in Ecuador through CarpeDM and it exceeded our already sky high expectations. CarpeDM drove us to and from the airport, which was a bonus and everyone we dealt with were so helpful that from the start we knew we had made the right decision.

As we were on a tight schedule we opted for the flights rather than overland and that was definitely a wise move as internal flights are relatively cheap and another 8 hours would have been added to the journey.

When we saw the lodge from the canoe, which took us on the last stretch of the trip, it was a wonderful site. Not that the journey had been arduous, rather it's amazing setting was jaw droppingly perfect. The set up is top notch definitely one of the most luxurious places we stayed in Ecuador. The lodge is owned and is run by the Sani community a collective of indigenous people , many of those working had experience from International Hotels and Universities which they had brought back home to their roots. We reaped the rewards with expert guides and wonderful meals 3 times a day. Our indigenous guide had amazing local knowledge and perfect English which helped bring the experience more meaning for us.

We learnt much about the animals from the smallest frogs to the 3 meter caymans, but also of the people and their history from the past when head shrinking went on, to the ongoing battles with the Oil company. This has been covered in detail in the following article and brings to a head what we felt during our time in the lodge that this amazingly important and diverse eco system is under threat and may not be around for others to see in the future.

I don’t have the eloquent words to express how highly I would recommend a visit to the Amazon and the Sani lodge particularly to see this incredible primary rainforest habitat and the people that have lived within it for thousands of years.

Here are a couple of the latest updates on the battle that is currently ongoing to save this area:

Visited December 2012
carpedm a, CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Keith,

Thank-you for sharing your experience with us and the Sani Lodge. It was a pleasure for us to provide you and Nicole an alternative Amazon Experience that is normally outside our common product offering. We've heard great things about Sani and nice to hear that the program exceeded your expectations. With the help of your feedback, I'm sure it will motivate more travellers to experience this wonderful part of the Amazon. Thanks for choosing us while in Ecuador and we hope to see you again :)
cheers, The CarpeDM Crew

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank you CarpeDM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Lucky we coincidently ran into CarpeDM Adventures to plan our trip to Galapagos and we didn´t even had to talk to another agency. The service was just as great as the staff (muchos gracias Consuelo) – reliable, patient, knowledgeable and very friendly. They were listening, not convincing. Galapagos turned out to be an amazing and unforgettable trip on a great boat with awesome folks, a beautiful initerary and fair conditions. And everyone we met in Ecuador said the same. Thank you so much Paul – you are just the best!!!

Juliane & Stefan, Alemania

2 Thank Juliane F
carpedm a, The CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Juliane & Stefan,

Thank-you for taking the time for sharing your experience with us. We're happy you enjoyed your time aboard the Treasure. Also that Consuelo was able to provide the right advice to make your choice easier when booking your cruise. We hope the rest of your journey was just as enjoyable and wish you both the best with all your future travels.

Thanks for choosing CarpeDM while in Ecuador,
best regards,
The CarpeDM Crew
Cuenca, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Climbing Cotopaxi with CarpeDM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Climbing Cotopaxi was something I wanted to do for about 2 years - it was therefore important to me that the company I booked this trip with were good; from past experience, I know that the company can have a big impact on the success of any trip. CarpeDM didn't let me down.

Before the climb, Paul went above and beyond my expectations, doing everything he could to accommodate my (demanding!) requests, always friendly and helpful. He also showed a genuine interest in my trip and why I wanted to climb Cotopaxi - not simply asking the basic questions you come to expect. Essentially, Paul provided a personal service that only comes from doing a job you clearly enjoy and want to do well.

The climb itself:
- was well organised;
- my guide was amazing (friendly, knowledgeable about the mountain, strong in the face of gusting winds and poor visability, incredibly helpful with assisting with crampons, water, etc when my hands were frozen);
- the food was plentiful and delicious; and
- the equipment provided was of good quality.

After the climb, Paul even sent my gloves on to me at my next destination in Ecuador when I left them behind after the climb!

I can honestly say that I received some of the best service I have ever had from a tour company from Paul and CarpeDM - I can't fault them for anything.

Unfortunately, we didn't summit Cotopaxi due to the bad weather conditions - but when I return to try again, I will definitely be back in touch with CarpeDM.

Visited January 2013
Dear Jade,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your climbing experience with us :) It's not to often that I get a chance to head out to climb Cotopaxi but I have to say this was extra special. Although the climbing conditions weren't the greatest, I was impressed by your perservance and willingness to push through the pain. I'm convinced that if the weather had turned for the better we'd definitely would have hit the top. We made it farther than most, but have to say it was a great way to start the year! Thanks for stopping by and chosing us as your climbing partner for Cotopaxi :) All the best! The CarpeDM Crew
Auckland Region, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Extremely helpful and efficient!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have just got back from an eight day cruise around the Galápagos Islands organised for us through the lovely Paul from CarpeDM. The boat (Tip Top IV) and crew were wonderful, so friendly and welcoming and they were fantastic with Sophie and Patrick our two children. Our rooms and bathroom were much more spacious than we thought they would be and the shared spaces, lounge, dining room and sun decks were lovely. The food was excellent too. Our guide Fabrizio Prado was brilliant and so knowledgeable and such good fun! Paul made everything so easy for us and was so quick to reply to emails, even though we were in New Zealand most of the time. Everything went like clockwork. I can not speak highly enough of this travel agency, you should definitely use them when you visit Ecuador.

Visited December 2012
carpedm a, CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank-you Kate for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience aboard the TIP TOP. We are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your tour and TIP TOP was able to live up to your Galapagos experience. It was a great to have the opportunity to serve you and despite the time zone differences, we're happy the delays weren't to long too cause any inconvenience. Wishing you and the family the best in 2013!
Cusco, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You're Crazy if You Don't Book Your Tour Thru CarpeDM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been to 45 countries so I have dealt with many travel agents, airlines and tour companies. I have never had such a good experience with any company before. Paul genuinely likes people and wants to help you with what ever you need. He booked me an awesome trip around the galapagos. I used his internet to try to book airline tickets and when I was unsuccessful he drove me to the travel agent and waited while I organised flights. He went with me to withdraw money from the ATM so I would be safe. He came to my hotel to pick me up on the morning of my flight to galapagos and took me back to his office for a hot breakfast!! He is a really cool guy. Heather

Visited November 2012
1 Thank HeatherL2012
carpedm a, CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank-you Heather for your kind words. We are far from perfect but we always try to do the best we can. Thanks for accommodating the early start before your Galapagos trip. It was truly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers not only on here but also on our FB page:) best regards,
The CarpeDM Crew