“Thank you CarpeDM”

CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 76 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Owner description: New to the CarpeDM family in 2015 - Caiman Eco-lodge and Casa CarpeDM. Founded in 2007, we pride ourselves in providing great value in our programs ranging from: Galapagos Cruises & Island hopping, Amazon, daytours, climbing, biking, trekking, community projects and more. Our 3/3/3 program also ensures your time has a lasting impact. Located in the Heart of Historical Quito our passion for Adventure & Ecuador can found minutes away from Plaza San Blas. Our team looks forward to sharing the best of Ecuador with you!
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank you CarpeDM”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Lucky we coincidently ran into CarpeDM Adventures to plan our trip to Galapagos and we didn´t even had to talk to another agency. The service was just as great as the staff (muchos gracias Consuelo) – reliable, patient, knowledgeable and very friendly. They were listening, not convincing. Galapagos turned out to be an amazing and unforgettable trip on a great boat with awesome folks, a beautiful initerary and fair conditions. And everyone we met in Ecuador said the same. Thank you so much Paul – you are just the best!!!

Juliane & Stefan, Alemania

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Juliane F
carpedm a, The CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Juliane & Stefan,

Thank-you for taking the time for sharing your experience with us. We're happy you enjoyed your time aboard the Treasure. Also that Consuelo was able to provide the right advice to make your choice easier when booking your cruise. We hope the rest of your journey was just as enjoyable and wish you both the best with all your future travels.

Thanks for choosing CarpeDM while in Ecuador,
best regards,
The CarpeDM Crew

Cuenca, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Climbing Cotopaxi with CarpeDM”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Climbing Cotopaxi was something I wanted to do for about 2 years - it was therefore important to me that the company I booked this trip with were good; from past experience, I know that the company can have a big impact on the success of any trip. CarpeDM didn't let me down.

Before the climb, Paul went above and beyond my expectations, doing everything he could to accommodate my (demanding!) requests, always friendly and helpful. He also showed a genuine interest in my trip and why I wanted to climb Cotopaxi - not simply asking the basic questions you come to expect. Essentially, Paul provided a personal service that only comes from doing a job you clearly enjoy and want to do well.

The climb itself:
- was well organised;
- my guide was amazing (friendly, knowledgeable about the mountain, strong in the face of gusting winds and poor visability, incredibly helpful with assisting with crampons, water, etc when my hands were frozen);
- the food was plentiful and delicious; and
- the equipment provided was of good quality.

After the climb, Paul even sent my gloves on to me at my next destination in Ecuador when I left them behind after the climb!

I can honestly say that I received some of the best service I have ever had from a tour company from Paul and CarpeDM - I can't fault them for anything.

Unfortunately, we didn't summit Cotopaxi due to the bad weather conditions - but when I return to try again, I will definitely be back in touch with CarpeDM.

Visited January 2013
Dear Jade,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your climbing experience with us :) It's not to often that I get a chance to head out to climb Cotopaxi but I have to say this was extra special. Although the climbing conditions weren't the greatest, I was impressed by your perservance and willingness to push through the pain. I'm convinced that if the weather had turned for the better we'd definitely would have hit the top. We made it farther than most, but have to say it was a great way to start the year! Thanks for stopping by and chosing us as your climbing partner for Cotopaxi :) All the best! The CarpeDM Crew
Auckland Region, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Extremely helpful and efficient!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have just got back from an eight day cruise around the Galápagos Islands organised for us through the lovely Paul from CarpeDM. The boat (Tip Top IV) and crew were wonderful, so friendly and welcoming and they were fantastic with Sophie and Patrick our two children. Our rooms and bathroom were much more spacious than we thought they would be and the shared spaces, lounge, dining room and sun decks were lovely. The food was excellent too. Our guide Fabrizio Prado was brilliant and so knowledgeable and such good fun! Paul made everything so easy for us and was so quick to reply to emails, even though we were in New Zealand most of the time. Everything went like clockwork. I can not speak highly enough of this travel agency, you should definitely use them when you visit Ecuador.

Visited December 2012
carpedm a, CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank-you Kate for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience aboard the TIP TOP. We are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your tour and TIP TOP was able to live up to your Galapagos experience. It was a great to have the opportunity to serve you and despite the time zone differences, we're happy the delays weren't to long too cause any inconvenience. Wishing you and the family the best in 2013!
Cusco, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You're Crazy if You Don't Book Your Tour Thru CarpeDM”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been to 45 countries so I have dealt with many travel agents, airlines and tour companies. I have never had such a good experience with any company before. Paul genuinely likes people and wants to help you with what ever you need. He booked me an awesome trip around the galapagos. I used his internet to try to book airline tickets and when I was unsuccessful he drove me to the travel agent and waited while I organised flights. He went with me to withdraw money from the ATM so I would be safe. He came to my hotel to pick me up on the morning of my flight to galapagos and took me back to his office for a hot breakfast!! He is a really cool guy. Heather

Visited November 2012
1 Thank HeatherL2012
carpedm a, CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank-you Heather for your kind words. We are far from perfect but we always try to do the best we can. Thanks for accommodating the early start before your Galapagos trip. It was truly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers not only on here but also on our FB page:) best regards,
The CarpeDM Crew
California USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Galapagos, Manatee, Misahualli”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

During our stay in Ecuador, CarpeDM arranged trips for us to the Galapagos, the Amazon/Napo river basin on the Manatee river boat and the Oriente province. We were especially pleased with Paul's arrangement on the Manatee. Cruising up and down the Napo River, visiting indigenous tribes,exploring the jungle and bird watching were delightful THe food on the Manatee was excellent and predominently classical Ecuadorean. THe guide on the Manatee was very knowledgeable. We were able to visit the Yasuni National Park, the Limoncocha Reserve and Cuyabeno Reserve. Personalized service is Paul's watchword. Because of our time constraints, he personally arranged our tour to the Oriente Province and even drove us to Misahualli.

Visited November 2012
carpedm a, CarpeDM Crew at CarpeDM Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank-you Solomon and Jeanette for choosing CarpeDM as your preferred Agency while in Ecuador. We're delighted that you enjoyed your time in Galapagos and the Amazon ! Can't thank-you enough for choosing the Manatee Explorer and providing your insight on an alternative to exploring the rainforest. Your feedback will definitely ensure that we promote this option to future travellers. It was truly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you both and share a part of this country that hopefully will always bring back good memories of time well spent :) Best Regards, The CarpeDM Crew