“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
Yellow House Hotel
Ranked #34 of 112 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Oliver and Gabriele went out of their way to help our group with transport, food activity suggestions. Great location and atmosphere on the hotel. Highly recommend and I will definitely be back. Muchos Gracias

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carla S
inbetween123, General Manager at Yellow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

It has been a pleasure to serve your needs and we are thankful for your review, it is important to us that our guests feel safe and are having the best time during their stay in Quito! We appreciate any suggestion that will help us to better our service

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Location, Location, Location.

That is what this place is all about. Plaza Foch is at your service 24/7. Oliver is the awesome reception go to guy on site and he is great. Hopefully, you get to meet Gabi the Gen Mgr. She provides excellent hands on service and goes to great lengths to assist with all and any requests.

You can't go wrong with Yellow House if partying is on your itinerary.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Scott W

Greetings and many thanks for you review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we are located in the heart of the Mariscal where you can find all the fun Quito has to offer and its important for our guests to know this fact, if you want total peace and quiet this information is important, thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Yellow House on two fast trips through Quito. The location is perfect; it's one block away from Plaza Foch, so all the restaurants/travel agencies/etc. are right around you. Also, there's a cheap laundry place next to the hotel, and they will deliver your clothes to the hotel when they are finished. Basically, we had a list of things to get done while passing through Quito and this was the perfect base.

The staff of the hotel were gracious hosts and helped us with any questions we had (we had many!)... and we felt safe there.

The breakfast is very simple: just bread, jam, butter, juice, and coffee. The second day, we just decided to splurge and go across the street to the Magic Bean for breakfast.

This wasn't the nicest place we stayed in our 3 months in Ecuador, but it worked for us; adequately met our needs for a good price (especially for the location).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kokusai

Our team appreciates your review a lot, making an effort to better our service in any way needed by our customers (the breakfast and more), happy travels to you from Quito!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was my second stay at the Yellow House Hotel. Both times I've been a needy guest, both times I've been given the most incredible customer service. Oliver is SO helpful and caring. The house is cheerful enough for a low end hostel and has everything you need to be comfortable. The location is ideal and the price is great. I felt very safe, welcomed and cared for.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank dineyensor

Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you again this year! Always a pleasure having you!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed twice at the Yellow House and loved it both times! Mariscal is a vibrant area of Quito which has a reputation for petty crime but I felt very secure in this hostel. The owner Oliver is a friendly guy who welcomed my group and was willing to help out in any way he could.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tbshooter

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, Oliver send his regards and we are continuing to improve the quality of our service, happy journeys from the Yellow House

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few months. I am here for business. The owner whom I got along with very well agreed to let me stay at this hotel at a reduced rate. I had to leave the hotel for three days. When I came back the owners wife reneged on this agreement and inisited that I pay a much higher rate. Since my return from my three day business trip it was downhill from there. They put me in another room with horrible plumbing and bath. I took a shower with no hot water. When I got out. I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning to relieve myself I slipped and fell on my back. Apparently the room had flooded from a bad leak. My computer happened to be on the floor and it was ruined. Alot of my clothing was soaking wet. I went downstairs to complain and the owners very rude wife was there and she insisted that it was my fault. She then told me to leave the hotel. I have traveled to many countries and this is the first time that someone had treated me like that. I spent alot of money at this hotel and I was forced to pack up my wet clothes, my ruined computer and leave. All I can say is that it was a terrible experience and I was treated very badly. Terrible Hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest looking around and try staying away from this hotel for the reasons that I mentioned...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Robert L
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beatiful B&B style home with about 12 guest rooms right in the heart of Plaza Facho, or "Gringolandia". Nice decor and hardwood floors throughout, but rooms, decorated in bright orange and white, feel like you are sleeping within an orange creamsicle. Rooms are large and sparse-- good for travelers with lots of bulky luggage. Nice large flat-screen Tvs too. Beds were firm and overall I slept soundly-- not too much outside noise to disturb me. For the price and location, I will continue to stay here since I live in Ecuador and travel to Quito often. However, I know of other hotels in this same price range that include a hot yummy breakfast. The breakfast at Yellow House, included, was downright disgusting and unedible. Splash out a bit and buy breakfast out at 'The Magic Bean'.
I do reccommend staying here for the price and location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chelseaprice
inbetween123, General Manager at Yellow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your review from 2012, every review is very important for us, as we are constantly trying to improve our service. Since last year we have been focussing on improving our rooms (some new ones have been added) as well our breakfast service and hope that it is much more satisfactory than before, we hope you come back again to check it out ;)