“Best gastronomy experience in Quito”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lua

Lua
Ranked #64 of 1,328 Restaurants in Quito
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brasilia, DF
“Best gastronomy experience in Quito”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have visited many restaurants in Quito and this one was the best experience I had. Ok that there are good rivals, especially the near (10-15 minutes walking distance) Segundo Muelle, but Lua is one step furher.

Yes, it is expensive for Quito standards, but not that much comparing to other cities. One main dish, a dessert and a glass of non-alcohoolic drink will cost will at around 35 dollars.

Menu is short and seems to change seasonally (although I am not sure on the changing menu).

Try the risotto de langontinos (for the main course) and the suspiro limeño for the dessert.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mcaetano70

Toronto, Canada
“Best Dining Experience in Quito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Lua as we were told it was a must in Quito. We LOVED it. I work in the food industry and can be a bit demanding when it comes to food, but I was super happy. For 45$ a person we did a blind 8 course tasting menu. Make sure to like seafood as it is almost all seafood. We had a trio of ceviche, a trio of tuna, octopus, calamari, white fish, Lamb lolipop and 2 desserts. We usually skip desert and we loved both. I find that the sign of a good restaurant is the ability to make you remember a dish to perfection. The last of my trio of tuna was one of those experiences. Pisco sours for $5, wine by the glass for $5, bottles ranging from 25$ and up. All extremely reasonable prices in my opinion. Attentive service. Highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lua is an incredible tasteful gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arriving at Lua I thought I was lost, it looks like a nicely renovated home.
The interior design is stunning, they did an awesome job.
I had the ceviche, red tuna for the main course and the best Pisco I ever had in my life!
Staff is warm and welcoming and extremely polite.
I also love that they have an open kitchen, and if you asked nicely you can have a little chat with the owner and chef!
I had a wonderful business dinner at Lua and hope to be back soon!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank BostonCallie
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at 7pm way before any Ecuadorian would consider eating... And was rewarded by the chef guiding me through the Spanish menu and offering to do a medley of 3 grouper ceviches and 3 tunas. All were terrific with the mozzarella ceviche and the braided ginger tuna standing out. Then the Argentinian lamb with risotto was perfect - substantial and interesting without being excessive. The chocolate "experience" was trying a bit too hard and looked a tad thrown together - but it tasted great. And all for $90 inc two glasses of Chardonnay and a pisco sour. Worth going to Ecuador for.

Cotacachi, Ecuador
“Some of the best food we've eaten in Quito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

When we heard that the former chef from ZaZu had opened his own restaurant, we could hardly wait to go. We were not disappointed. In fact was without a doubt, the best meal we have had in Quito, and we are heavy diners at fine restaurants.

Normally, when I eat and the food is good, I have to try to pace myself as I want to eat to fast. Not a problem here, as the food was so incredibly tasty that I just wanted to savor every bite. My wife and I shared an appetizer, (spiced tuna--incredible) had a main dish each, and shared a dessert. We walked away full and completely satisfied--not just satisfied, but we literally savored the memory for a couple of days. .

The service was impeccable with three or four waiters hovering to see that our every need was realized. I believe that a high end meal should be a memorable experience. And this experience is one that we intend to re-live as soon as we return to Quito.

• Visited February 2013