“It's delicious food if you can get it”
Review of La Negra Mala

La Negra Mala
Ranked #99 of 1,889 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Description: mentioned by a number of reviewers reviewing "Calle La Ronda" in Quito. A restaurant worth adding to Tripadvisor.
Reviewed July 15, 2018

I probably would give it 4.5 stars if I could -- the food is delicious, however, our overall experience was interesting: first we tried to go there on June 1, 2018. For no reason it was not open (it was a Friday), there was no notice, etc. either. We thought it was no longer in business. But the next day we walked by and it was open. When we sat down to order, however, we were told there was no fish on that day. This was a little disappointed, so we ordered some other dishes (a beef fillet and a lamb stew). When we did get the food, it was all delicious.

This is apparently a family business, and the staff was friendly and courteous. I would hate to give them a negative review. For the food I give it a 5-star, I just hope that they will at least post a sign or something outside whether they were open that day or not.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I really loved this place! The food was super tasty and the restaurant team was so kind and helpful. I’m vegetarian and it was, for sure, one of the best places that I’ve eaten here in Quito.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant with awesome food, the friendliest staff (in particular the lady) who is the nicest Ecuadorian we have met. We have been multiple times already and will go again while we are here. The garlic prawn meal is that good! Highly recommend this lil gem...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here twice now in the last few days, the first was by chance as we walked from our Masaya Hostel and this was the first restaurant we saw. We were so surprised and happy with our meal! The vegetables were steamed and tasted amazing. We have been missing good veggies so much while in Ecuador! I got the steak in mushroom sauce, cooked to perfection. My partner has the garlic shrimps which he loved so much he ordered the next time again. Second time I got the curried chicken which still came with heaps of steamed veggies. The service was amazing, the nicest people we have met in Ecuador!

Garcias!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018

Our group, Overseas Adventure Travels, shared an excellent meal here in a neighborhood off of the Old Town of Quito. The owner is a lovely, gracious woman and the food was plentiful and tasty. We particularly enjoyed the empanadas.

Date of visit: February 2018