“Great Food and service, worth the waiting!”
Review of Vaco y Vaca

Vaco y Vaca
Ranked #61 of 1,467 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Chilean, Ecuadorean, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent food - for Ecuadorian standards- portion are also out of the norm in this country. I love the "a lo Pobre" dishes - combos. good prices. My Favorite the amazing Iced Tea they serve!!!...I go there any time I have a chance. I normally Visit the "El Bosque Shopping Center" in Quito

2  Thank galmecoin
There are newer reviews for Vaco y Vaca

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice place, food is regular, ...the only thing that really bothers me is that each time I tried to eat there, I had to wait like between 15-30 minutes to get seated ! I don't really recommend it ! ..or just to visit the place and take photos !

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food is so great , that I fell like coming back every single day !!! , You have to wait like 1 min to be seated but the waiting is totally worth it , excellent prices !!

2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food wasn´t that great, service was so so, prices where high, it si more like fast food, but with a restaurant service touch,.

1  Thank VerCit3
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I will never understand why people stand in line for several minutes for an empty table. This restaurant is not good at all, and the worst thing is: they have so many people going there that they do absolutely nothing to satisfy an angry customer!

Last time (and last in my lifetime) I went to this place, I ordered a tuna sandwich. Now, when you hear "tuna sandwich", bread, sauce, tuna, tomato, lettuce, onion, etc... come to your mind right? At least it did to mine, considering this sandwich was not cheap and in a cheaper place i get a tuna sandwich like that.

Anyway, the waitress walks in with a bread (wet by the way), tuna mixed with mayonaise, and that's it. It was ridiculous, it was a sandwich i could have prepared myself at home half asleep. When I complained to the waitress about that "sandwich", she said "if you wanted a sandwich with every ingredient you mention, you should have asked the "tuna and egg sandwich" - I don't want egg ,I want a sandwich properly prepared in a restaurant, not in a house kitchen.

Then I asked to talk to her manager and she refused.

Honestly i believe it's disrespectful to serve people the "sandwich" they served me. Of course I didn't touch it, I was so angry for the price I paid and the product/attention I got, I swore never to set foot on that place. So if you're up to pay good money and receive crappy-greasy food (I've eaten there in other ocassions before that, and "grease" could describe it).

Listen to my advise, save yourself many minutes of standing in line to receive a bad product for a wrong price. Don't eat here.

1  Thank dkiddo