This is a great hotel. It's a charming old house that has been redone as a small hotel. The staff are all wonderful and very helpful. Gloria at the front desk made us feel like we were at our home away from home! The little garden courtyard is such a charming oasis in the middle of the city and Brownie, the rabbit, was a hit with myself and my husband! As with most hotels that aren't American chains, be sure to bring ear plugs because the walls of this charming old inn are thin.
I also have to make special mention of Guillermo, one of the drivers for La Rabida. He picked us up from the airport when we first arrived in Quito and also took us out to the airport at 4am for us to get an early flight to the Galapagos. He speaks great English, is passionate about his city and country, and is happy to answer any questions you may have. My husband dropped his iPhone in Guillermo's van the night we arrived in Quito, and Guillermo was there first thing in the morning with the phone. Although we did not do this, Guillermo also does day tours of Quito, Otavala, and surrounding areas and some other folks staying at La Rabida at the time did a day trip with him and said it was fantastic.
You should stay at this hotel when in Quito!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Rabida is an old traditional home recently restored into a first class, charming Quito hotel. We offer our guests the gracious atmosphere and style of a beautiful vacation home located in the heart of Quito, Ecuador near most places of historical and tourist interest as well as restaurants, banks, travel agencies and shops. With only 11 charming and tastefully decorated rooms, Hostal de la Rabida is a very special Quito hotel in which to enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. For those travelling in the company of their furry friends, you'll be happy to know that we are a pet-friendly hotel and will gladly accept any and all guests that plan to visit with their pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Hostal de La Rabida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal De La Rabida Hotel Quito
- Hostal De La Rabida Quito