“Bonita”

Ranked #92 of 112 Hotels in Quito
texas
“Bonita”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Sol de Quito is a quaint little museum hotel in the New Town area of Quito and we highly recommend staying there. Even though our flight arrived late, after midnight, and we weren't sure they had received our reservation, Byron, the night host, received us with open arms! We were given the Quito suite, a triple, for $55 a night! It is a gorgeous room.

The hotel is centrally located, its very clean, the food and service are fantastic, and everyone working there is friendly, speaks English, and is very accommodating!
Thanks to Byron, Ignacio, and all the others who ensured we had a wonderful stay. Special thanks to Ignacio for taking us to Otavalo, Peguche Falls, Mitad del Mundo, and introducing us to bizcochos!!

Be aware that it is in the middle of a major city so there are city noises during the day, but it is very quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I was at the hotel sol de quito for two weeks with Global Volunteers, working at a daycare center. The hotel became a home to all of us. The people who work there treated us as family. Two of the workers even put on a dance show from their native Amazon village. The most outstanding thing happened after I left. When I got home, I realized I'd left my ipod in my room. I emailed, and the manager, Ignacio, got back to tell me he had it and how should he send it. He suggested that another group member coming back to the states should take it. His concern was such that he called me twice and all is arranged. I have never run into service like this before. I heartily recommend sol de quito for it's amazing museum qualty and mostly for the people.

• Stayed June 2009
Jamestown, North Dakota
Reviewed November 26, 2007

What a beautiful hotel! Very quaint and nice. My husband and I stayed there while we were in Quito for our honeymoon. The staff was so polite and very helpful. Most of the staff knew English fairly well. Only breakfast was served and typically it was eggs with ham and cheese, fresh fruit, a roll, and fresh juice. Very good, but after the 3rd day got a little old. We stayed in the Quito room which was just beautiful. We also stayed in room Guayaquil which wasn't as nice, but okay. Beds were comfortable and each had modern bathrooms which were acceptable. Front doors were always locked...we felt very safe. The only minor complaint for me was that we had to walk quite a distance (mile or more) to the tourist district. We usually walked there and took a cab back (I think it was a $2 ride). We also booked a daytrip through the hotel and it cost more than what the flyer described. I suggest asking first. Otherwise the tour guide was excellent. He helped us a great deal when our camera was stolen (in Otovalo). Overall, I think this hotel is an excellent choice.

• Liked — ambiance, helpful and friendly staff
  • Disliked — location was too far from tourist areas, but seemed like a safe neighborhood
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Honeybee77
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

What a great small hotel. Quiet, very personal. Large bathroom, nice bed. Not many channels on TV in English. Drapes can be pulled to make the room dark for sleeping. Oh, we needed this after a 8 hour bus ride!
Doors are locked tight at night.Bars on windows and doors. A guard is posted outside. We felt very safe!
It was Carnival time when we stayed so the resturant only served breakfast. We had dinner delivered from Kentucky Fried Chicken. (I know, not Ecuadorian but it was Carnival, not much open.)The front desk was very helpful, they spoke great English. The internet was available to use for a small fee. It's our new favorite place to stay in Quito!

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2005

If you enjoy peace and quiet, but close to the activity in the new town of Quito, I would recommend this hotel. The rooms are large, quiet, with cable TV and excellent service. It is not a party hotel. I found the service to be excellent. They will pick you up at the airport for a reasonable price, and offer other tours. I loved it there; you can open up the windows and get fresh air safely above the city.

• Stayed November 1999