L'Auberge INN
$89
Agoda.com
$119
$104
All reviewshot waterroom with private bathroomshared bathroomsimple restaurantold townclean roomsla mariscalwi fibed was very comfortableeggscomputershostelecuadorcerealsandracentrohistorico
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The place itself was fine: good location (20 minutes walk to the centre of the new town, 25 minutes to the old town and very close to the bus), simple rooms but with a good hot shower and a delicious breakfast buffet for only $3,50 p.p. Good value for the price.

The thing that spoiled it for us, was the guy that was working there most of the time and he wasn't helpful at all, in fact he was just rude. He didn't want to communicate with us because we didn't speak Spanish, even if we tried to talk with our hands. The only thing he said all the time was 'Espanol por favor'. Very frustrating. When he was there, you knew that it was impossible to arrange things. Too bad, because the others were friendly, for example the ladies who were cooking and didn't speak English as well, but with them we found our way to communicate like we normally always do.

We don't mind that someone doesn't speak English, but being rude when you're working at a touristic place when somebody doesn't speak your language is just not right and then it's time to look for another job where you don't have to talk with tourists!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed 2 times for few months in L'Auberge Inn and I really liked it. Quiet, clean, nice garden, very frendly stuff reacting rapidly all my requests, with a restaurant and travel agency inside. it's also conveniently located right between the old town and Mariscal.
I enjoyed my staying there and recommended to some my friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent Christmas 2012 in L'Auberge in and had a fantastic stay. The hostel has a quiet, calm and friendly atmosphere that is noticeable upon entry compared to the busy streets of Quito. It genuinely felt like being locked away from the hustle and bustle outside.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We tried several different dishes during our stay and we were always impressed. The $3.50 breakfast was excellent - cereals, fresh fruit, toast and bread, eggs and hot drinks - all you can eat.

I have yet to have as good a sleep as I did during my stay in L'Aberge inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spongebobo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The place is close to the historic area. It's quiet and the rooms even though are not big they have light and they're nice.
They have a common area in the garden really nice, and they have tables with a billiard inside as well.

Shared bathrooms and kitchen a bit old.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the garden, they're more quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at l'Auberge Inn for a few nights during my trip to Ecuador and I think it's a good value for the money. It's walking distance from Old Quito and Mariscal and there's a travel agency in the hotel so you can book tours from there. There's a restaurant that serves good food but it's a bit pricy (but the breakfast is well priced and very good!). Across the street, you can eat delicious food in a small ecuadorian restaurant for a fraction of the price. And if you go for a two minutes walk, you will find a grocery store. The rooms are basic but clean, but that's all you need! What I didn't like about this place was the cigarette smell in the lobby and the outdoor patio (a lot of travelers sit there to smoke a few cigarettes). Luckily, the odor didn't get to my room. Overall, I would recommand l'Auberge Inn since it's cheap and well located.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo