Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Pasochoa Forest Reserve
from $1,513.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2013

All landscapes in Ecuador are awesome. If you are looking for a natural gettaway, and to be surrounded by nature, but not too far from the city, this is the way to go. Perfect for children, a lot of room to run and play safely. IS REALLY COLD so take a winter coat and FOOD. Of course, there is no stores.

Date of experience: July 2013
3  Thank SuicidePochoclo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Pasochoa is a park nobody will ever forget. You feel the Andes soooo close to you ¡ the air is clean, fresh, ; you can see many different birds, on a clear day you will see the snow caped mountain : the Antisana.

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank XMontalvo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is an interesting side trip to strech your legs and see some of the few remaining high-mountain forests in the inter-andean valley. Great views of the valley and the caldera of this ancient volcano. Safe trails for all ages.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have to confess that I have visited this Reserve several times, and the main reason is that you always discover new things when you go there. I went with my family last time and walked the 8 hours 'sendero'. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera. It is a shame as we saw fantastic species of birds and flowers I've never seen before in my life. I recommended for people who want to escape from the noisy city.

Date of experience: January 2012
1  Thank John P
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Pasachoa is not easily accessed by bus but is easy by car. Once there, they offer some basic exhibits near the trailheads and several trails through the lush setting. The longest trail extends above the treeline to the summit of Pasachoa. It is an all day hike with significant elevation gain. This is an excellent place to acclimate for climbers.

Date of experience: January 2012