Hotel Quito
Vieja Cuba(Quito)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfloor restaurantroom facing the pooltop floornice hotelnice poolthere is no air conditioningbreakfast buffet isbusiness hotelstreet noisetaxi ridegalapagos islandsold towneggslobbygymtaxisplug
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Quito for 2 nights prior to going to the Galapagos Islands. The hotel is modern. They have an excellent buffet breakfast that was included in the price of the room. Some of the rooms do not have heat so we needed to get a space heater which worked quite.
The one problem we had was that we were there during "fiesta'. The street noise was excessive and went on well into the early hours of the morning. Our room was on the street side the first night, so we moved to a back yard and pool view room which eliminated the problem.
It is worth staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llschnit
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We have stayed at Hotel Quito on several occassions. Visiting the restaurant at the top of the hotel offers new comers and seasoned travelers a refreshing 360 degree view of the spectacular city. Food is delicious and always well prepared. Service is marvelous. I love the workout center, the heated swimming pool, sauna and hot tub. Corridors are long walks, but that makes for a little time to gently stroll at the new altitude. A+ Oh, and there is a gambling casino!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ramelle
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Really lovely views, great pool, nice room (bit too warm with all the sunshine), and helpful staff on the front desk. Disappointed by transfer I'd ordered from the airport not appearing and no satisfactory explanation of that, being assured by restaurant staff that breakfast was included and the voucher I had to sign was "just for control" and then being billed for it and very slow wifi which was difficult to connect to at times. Not thrilled to be woken early Sunday morning by maintenance in the corridor!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2011

This is a fabulous hotel with lovely decor and plenty of space. It is very clean, large rooms and beautiful linen. They have 3 gratis computers for the internet and the hotel shop stocks a great variety of items of essentials for the travelling. The staff have excellent English are very friendly and helpful. I had a room at the back on my first stay, it is very quiet with stunning views of the mountains and valley. The second time my room was at the front, there was a little bit of street noise but this did not bother me. The views from the 7th floor at the restaurant almost blew me off my feet. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with such variety and excellent quality.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Quito a total of 4 nights, three before and one after a tour to the Galapagos Islands. They got everything wrong. Did not have our reservations when we arrived, on schedule, at 1 am. Did not give us the rooms we had requested and paid for. Did not give us rooms close to each other so our kids were a long distance apart from us. Did not even get us on the same floor on return. A piece of luggage did not arrive on our flight and was delivered to the hotel the following day. When I inquired that day they insisted NOTHING had been delivered by the airline. Airline insisted they HAD delivered the bag. It wasn't until the following day, when I insisted on looking in the luggage hold room myself that I located the bag. It had been delivered the previous day, as the airline had stated - so I went a second full day without a clean change of clothes while my luggage sat in the hotel's luggage room. Hotel has no heating. Blankets are thin. I asked front office for extras and got them. The following day I commented on the cold again at the front desk and they said "you can ask for a heater!" This has not been offered the previous day when I asked for blankets. I guess you have to be VERY EXPLICIT when you are asking for help combatting the cold - and ask for items explicitly - even if you don't know they are available. On our departure at 5:30 am we confirmed airport transportation - pre paid - the night before. Of course, at 5:30 am there was NO transportation. We were told since it was January 1 and the previous night was New Year's Eve "no one" is available for transport. OK. Then why did they CONFIRM our transportation the night before, New Year's Eve? It took 15 minutes to locate two taxis to take us to the airport and we had to pay them out of pocket - so paid twice for transport. This kind of thing happened over and over. The rooms are clean and fine - but cold in cold weather. There isn't a comfortable chair to sit in within the room and the lounge areas of the hotel are extremeley sparsely furnished and neither inviting nor comfortable. So, if you want to read a book or the newspaper you must sit in bed. There is a nice pool, the place was clean, and the food was fine, but too many other hassles. Give someone else a try. We don't expect perfect service when travelling, but this unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family