“Hotel Quito”
Review of Hotel Quito

Hotel Quito
Ranked #29 of 111 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Very good hotel and price, near the downtown of quito. The prices here in Ecuador ate best

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Quito

Reviewed February 1, 2010

Hotel Quito has the charm of the sixties, nice balconies and not just tiny windows, a casino, a good restaurant with a unique view of the city and the Pichincha volcano. The staff is relaxed and typically helpful. The location is just perfect, overlooking the Tumbaco valley.

Hotel Quito may be a little bit worn out - try to get accommodation in rooms 327 to 349 in the newly renovated part of the hotel facing the valley. It does not compare to Swissotel, Marriott or Sheraton which may be more appealing to business travelers with strict expectations. But considering that the rates at Hotel Quito are three times cheaper it the best choice!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank octopus07
Reviewed January 8, 2010

My husband and I were there in February 2008 for 3 nights. We loved it! It was clean, and very nicely decorated. We loved the pool, food, computer room, casino and gift shops!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I read the reviews of Hotel Quito before going. I have to say, I don't understand. The staff is arrogant and not helpful. There are plenty of other safe hotels in the city. Stay away from this one. The worst part about the experience is that the late night staff failed to give us a voucher for breakfast the following morning. We learned about it in the elevator on the way up. Going to the front desk was eye opening. It has been a long time since I've been deliberately ignored that way. The staff was clearly annoyed when I finally asked if someone could help me. They refused to give us a voucher so we were charged for something that should have been included, according to our travel agent. The rooms are dark, musty. Way past their prime - by about 40 years. If you stay at this hotel, don't pay more than $40/night and make sure you take a Spanish speaking friend with you because the haughty staff won't respect you much less appreciate you.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank FrequentlyFlying16
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My stay was disappointing and the hotel is way over priced. Fellow travelers were shocked at what my friend and I were paying for such a run down hotel/room. We ended up checking out a day early. I went with it because it was recommended in Lonely Planet however I think they are mistaken.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank KA1Nicole0126
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Quito three times for a couple of days each between parts of another tour I was doing. The service overall was really good and the staff very friendly. The pool and restaurant were really good and I ate in the hotel more often that I expected to because of the quality. The downfall is really the rooms, which are just average.

My first room was great, it just would have been nice to actually get out to the balcony - but that's not a big deal. The next two rooms I had, though, both did not have safes, and the safety deposit boxes downstairs are not big enough for laptops or Digital SLR cameras, so that was a bit annoying. Also, both of those rooms had plumbing problems. The second room had a bath that didn't drain properly and the third also had a bath that didn't run properly and also had a bath tap that didn't turn off properly. Also..no airconditioning, which I found a bit bizarre. The views from the rooms were really nice, though, and they had balcony access overlooking the pool.

Anyway, it's a hotel I would stay in again if I got a good deal on the room but I would probably specifically request a room with a safe and would also check the plumbing before I got too comfortable. Oh..and if aeroplane noise bothers you you might want to stay elsewhere. A couple of times I was pretty sure a LAN Ecuador plane was going to come through my window..

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We spent a night on our way to and from the Galapagos, arriving extremely late after a delayed flight. to be cared for by excellent reception service, and early morning departure all handled well. On our way back we had another night and were able to have a lovely breakfast and a superb evening meal...... a very nice experience

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business