Hotel Dann Carlton Quito
$360
  • Breakfast included
$118
$104
All reviewsopera restaurantnice hotelfull service hoteltea roombusiness districtbusiness tripbeautiful parkbig mallquicentro shopping mallfitness centerbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelrooms are greatcarolina parkquiet rooma lot of noisesafe area
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good for making business. 2 problems: i) We paid through the web breakfast included and we had to pay it again there, and ii) they left the windows open, was cold outside and The room had no heating...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Guidetoecuador, Director General at Hotel Dann Carlton Quito, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear customer:
Thank you very much for posting your review and give us important details of your recent experience you had at our Hotel Dann Carlton. I have read very carefully all your notes and recommendations, I´m very sorry for the noises and disturbances you had during your stay; however we´d be glad to change room if you´d mentioned it, for us the comfort of our guests is our main priority.
I´m delighted you like the location but also we´re pleased you like the food and service at our new Cafeteria Buffet, and also for mentioning the quality service at the meeting rooms, I hope you had a productive meeting when visiting the City.
We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Quito, in the near future.
Cordially.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month and I couldn’t be more disappointed about almost everything in there:

1.- There was some kind of social event in the lobby which didn’t worry me at all when I saw it because I know 5 stars hotels are build with sound proof specifications for this cases but I had the surprise of my life when I realize that even in the 5 floor I could hear loud and clear the party music of the event.

2.-The second night I was sleeping at 8 at night when the phone rang and when I picked up a lady told me: Hi, I just wanted to know if you are leaving today because I don´t have that on my records, I told her I was leaving the next day and that I had the “Do not disturb” flag on the door and she told me: Ok, thank you and hung up on me. I was upset because I had been woken up but I managed to fall sleep again, suddenly I don´t know how much time after that the phone rang again and when I answered they hanged up on me.

3.-Because of they waking me up 2 times in a row I decided to go down to the lobby and talk to the front desk personnel, they told me they didn’t call me and that they didn’t know whom had called me. After that I was very upset not only because of the calls but due to the apathy they showed to my question and that led me to think that this was something that used to happen every day, after that I asked to talk to the general manager and after waiting 30 minutes in the lobby they sent me to the Chef, yes, you read well, they sent me to the hotel Chef whom going to the point told me: Hi, let me tell you we called you because we didn’t know when were you going to leave in the first time, and in the second time we didn’t call you and we don’t know who did but we have the theory that It was a prank call from another guest.
After that answer I just couldn’t believe it and ask him if he was the Chef and also the general manager of the hotel and he told me: No I´m just the Chef.
I came back to my room very disappointed.

4.-Finally the hotel is dirty and has a very bad maintenance all over the room you can see the paint falling and an stained carpet and the floor of the bathroom with brown stains (see the pictures), the cleanness of the room is well below a 5 hotel standards in any country I have been.

I have noticed that many hotels spend significant amounts of money in their lobbies, which is the case here because the Dann Carlton have a very cute and well designed lobby, but it would have been better if the management of the hotel would have allocated part of this big lobby budget into training for the staff and maintenance in the rooms which is finally the place in which the guests stay the most of the time when in the hotel.

If you want a dirty room and apathetic service and a cute lobby stay here.
Best regards.

Fox.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EzFox
Guidetoecuador, Director General at Hotel Dann Carlton Quito, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear customer:
I have read very carefully all your complaints and experiences during the last time you stayed with us, at Dann Carlton Hotel, I’m very sorry you had such an unpleasant experience, however your review give me an excellent opportunity to fix and make some changes in order to avoid inconveniences, from other guests.
Nevertheless I’d like to explain a couple of points mentioned in your review:
-As General Manager of the Hotel my priority is the comfort and security of all our guests, we do not make calls or bother our guests in the rooms unless in necessary, please accept my apologies if you were disturb by accident.
-During late hours at night there’s always a person in charge who attends guess requests or complaints, this person is located at Front Desk, our Chef does attend any of this demands except for requirements or complaints in our Restaurants, we´re sorry for the misunderstanding, and last:
-Ended our Hotel attends parties and social events only weekends, however we take all necessary measures to evade disturbances to the rest of the guests, we apologize if the noise of the music distracted you from your relaxation.
I hope we have in the future a new opportunity to welcome you and provide you with the excellent service Dann Carlton Hotel gives to all visitors.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After nearly two weeks at the Dann Carlton we leave with mixed impressions. It puts on a better front than it delivers; thus, average for the breed. Located in a developing office/residential area, the hotel is a short walk to a major mall, and a large park; plenty of shops, grocers, and restaurants nearby. Transport - taxi or bus - required to get to historic and tourist sites. On the positive side, the breakfast buffet included a broad selection of tasty options - everything from ceviche to Euro deli to American eggs and bacon to spaghetti and Chinese food - plus South American specialties. Excellent service. Room service was less impressive and only fair value. Didn't try their fine-dining restaurant. Our mini-suite was a decent-sized room including king bed, small couch (not comfortable), arm chair, desk and straight back chair, dresser/mini-fridge. Enough closet space for 2. The large window (which had a small fresh air opening) offered a glimpse of a hill and some sky, but mostly looked onto the balconies of nearby apartment towers, and the rest of the hotel. Free fast (unsecured) WiFi and Ethernet. Housekeeping is fine. On the less positive side, amenities are minimal, and "hotel hot" water existed only during off-hours: otherwise, prime time = only warm. Not for the steamy shower lover. Magnetic keys lost their memories almost daily. While they have a nice selection of TV choices (EN & ES), ours was an older, rather small Sony 4:3 CRT set with very mediocre sound and a mismatched remote. We were in the rear section (floor 4 of 6) with the health club on top. Noise was a problem most days: doors slamming and bumps, thumps, and bangs from sunrise until after bedtime. Sometimes music, sometimes like dropping dumbbells and moving pianos. We were jarred awake by noise which resonates through the structure of the building. ("When elephants dance, the grass beneath them suffers.") This is a busy event hotel. The conference room we used was spacious with excellent A/C and sophisticated lighting control. Big windows with drapes to darken it; carpet visibly worn. The conference staff was generally helpful, despite an annoying scheduling glitch and the ongoing challenge of convincing them that milk or cream go better with coffee than white powder in hotel-branded packets. For business uses the Dann Carlton should serve well enough, though we'll likely try for something with less clatter next time for lodging. For tourism, we'd look for other choices that might offer more of a feel of classic old World Heritage Quito, even some kind of view, rather than a commercial district/construction site. If you've got to listen to bumps and bangs, at least do it in a 17th or 18th century context.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear customer:
We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Quito, in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, elegant, great restaurant and bar... service was good at check in...minor problem with the tub and bed room tv, but nothing that could not be fixed...we stayed in a junior suite...comfortable and very large room...good location in Quito..I recommend!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guidetoecuador, Director General at Hotel Dann Carlton Quito, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Anna,
It was so great to read your latest review about your last stay at our Hotel Dann Carlton in Quito, we´re very glad you enjoyed visiting the Hotel and the City, I sent this your note to all my team so they know they did a good job; our Ecuadorian roses are part of our enchantments and something we´re very proud of. We really hope to have you with us in a near future, thank you for choosing our Hotel.
Best regards.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This very nice located hotel (actually cross the street to the offices I was visiting) is very comfortable, staff is kind and food is excellent, but what really is very useful and high class is the smart floor, my only complain is that the breakfast's area is not prepared to serve tables of more than 4 people.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business