“george m”

Ranked #62 of 110 Hotels in Quito
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“george m”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Room was clean. Water was hot. Great view of city. Complimentary drink was good. However, service was poor. I had to take my own bags to my room. I asked for ice which never came. TV remote needed a new battery. And a light bulb was burned out. I have stayed here many times. This was my worst experience. Certainly expected more from a Best Western.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank georgemacl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was a little dated but the staff was fairly helpful. One challenge I had was scheduling an airport transfer upon arrival to quito. Prior to arriving I had attempted to email the hotel to arrange for the transfer but did not get a response. I called customer service at best western but they were not much help either. After arriving in quito I called the hotel directly and was able to get them to pick me up. Generally everything worked out fine but I would've hoped for an easier way to arrange for the service.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Its ***** are a distaful joke...
Nothing seemed to work: the wi-fi in the room (it works in the lobby), the gym and sauna closed, abandoned bar
Needs urgent refurbishment if it wants to continue operating, has the flair of an abandoned house left alone in the 70's;
Terrible lighting, unable to shave in the WC, same in restaurant
The Menu in English in the Restaurant is poorly translated, misleading customers
Staff does not answer the phone easily, one time tried for 20m until I lost my patience and went down to Reception :)
And the bathtub had the previous customer's soap on display inside...
Only pleasant detail: free shuttle to the airport

Room Tip: ... ask for a room in the corner, those rooms have a separate living area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Quito hotels

Austin Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed only one night due to connecting flight back to USA
I was impressed with rooms and service and close to airport, they really should change the name since their are no casinos in equador any more.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank justice1950
Colorado
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent our last night here. The structure of the building is nice with some nice paintings and art on the walls and in the lobby. The beds are comfortable. The view of the park from out window was gorgeous. We were close to the airport so that was nice.

We ordered roomservice and had:
Fajitas (great), fried bananas (1 plate), fruit (1 plate), Tres Leches (2 slices)
All the items were delicious and cost us just under $55, I highly recommend eating here.

The room was spacious with seperate sleeping and eating area, the tub and shower were spacious and the bathroom was well done.

The front staff speak great English and room service speaks adequate English if this is a concern.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bogotá, Colombia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for only one night, since I was giving a presentation at a conference and going back. The hotel is pretty nice, a bit on the old side but definitely well kept. Interestingly, my room rate included breakfast and dinner, and the set plate for diner was really delicious! Also, my room was quite large (had two separate spaces, two tvs, large desk etc etc).
What was pretty weird was that they were seemingly rebuilding the penthouse restaurant, but there was no signage indicating that and I almost fell in the middle of broken down stairs trying to reach the inexistent restaurant!! The other funny thing was that I arrived at 12 and wasn't given a room (they said "come back at 2pm"), but when I asked again at 130pm they were pretty insistent that I could ONLY get a room at 2pm - this has never happened to me before, not even in cities where hotels are fully booked. There's always a room!! I didn't really get why they were so insistent - to the extent that a colleague who had just arrived from an overnight 3-flight trip wasn't given a room at noon either to leave his stuff and change his clothes, also because "rooms are only available at 2pm". Weird.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for my last day in Quito and wished I had stayed there for the entire time. The rooms were very large, clean and comfortable and the hotel seemed very well kept. The nights in Quito often tend to be a little cool and the small heater included in our bedroom was well appreciated. The hotel is in a very vibrant area of the city with several major modern shopping centers and a large park to exercise in. There is lots to do near by and it is only a three dollar taxi ride to "Old Quito" and all of its historical treasures. The only negative things about the hotel is that a breakfast is not included in the price and that the casino noted in the hotel's name has recently been closed by the government. I would certainly stay at this hotel again on a return trip to Ecuador.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple