As always when I am not completely sold on a place, I will just set out the pros and cons of staying here:
- free airport transfers with some of the rates
- great buffet breakfast which you can have instead of the club level breakfast
- clean, modern and most staff speak english well
- location close to airport (15 minutes in shuttle), very good for early morning flights
- charming bellmen and waiters
- there was always juice and tea available in the lobby which was welcome.
- manager level staff and above we found to be quite rude and abrupt. They messed up our reservation and refused to honour my club level booking despite my printed out confirmation until they actually called the SPG central centre (I booked directly with Starwoods).
- Similarly when we were using the "free internet" computers in the lobby (since the wireless would not work with our laptop for no apparent reason) we were approached by the onduty manager who took our room number and told us we were only entitled to one hours usage of the computers per day. There were five terminals and in the time we were at the hotel (3 days) we never saw anyone else use them. This made us feel unwelcome and in a hotel of this class where we were paying to stay on the club level and were only downstairs since they could not get the wireless to work, this was unnecessary and distinctly petty. There was no mention of such a policy in any of the documents.
- it is very expensive for Quito, and is far away from the best places to be at night (La Mariscal and the Old Town). Taxis are very cheap however - almost always fixed price which should be $5 to Old Town and $3 to La Mariscal.
- We ordered room service one night we were there, and the wrong food was delivered which took a few phone calls to sort out.
All the cons in isolation would not have been enough to mark down the hotel, but with all of them the lasting impression was one that the hotel did not really appreciate our custom. I would not stay again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Quito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Quito Hotel Quito
- Four Points Quito
- Quito Sheraton
- Quito Four Points