“nice hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Ranked #11 of 112 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great place to finish our vacation as we had been somewhat roughing it and on go for the last 2 weeks. Walked to a restaurant near by.
I thought it was close to the airport but found that it is close to the old airport, not the new airport so we had a bit of a taxi ride in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet N
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Quito

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Beautiful hotel, Great service. Good food.Stayed at 2 different times. Lobby is very spacious with plenty of seating. Security is excellent. Rooms very spacious with very comfortable beds. Housekeeping very gracious.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here three different times over 3 weeks time. I am taking the time to write the review so that others can save themselves money and aggravation. I cannot believe this is supposed to be at the "top" level of Marriott properties. I have definitely been treated better at Courtyard Marriotts than here. I will name a few things that occurred that left a bad taste in my mouth. The main focus here is NOT on the customer but rather on the hotel processes i.e., forms, papers, etc. The front desk manager is arrogant and defensive. The bellman accused me of stealing my own luggage. Although I had a do not disturb sign on my door each day it was ignored by housekeeping.

The positives about this property: the restaurants staff are very nice and accommodating, the pool is gorgeous (although the hot tub is small and a bit dirty), the rooms are clean but needing updating. The location is great to get around to LaMarsica, Foch, and parks. Easily walkable to some sites.

Internet fee is $12 per day even if you have Marriott status. The place just nickels and dimes you which, again, leaves a bad taste. I would definitely recommend staying elsewhere. There are less expensive and MUCH better service offered elsewhere throughout the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sealizis
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments, I like to inform you that we have evaluated them and have taken corrective action immediately. As we talked by telephone I would like to reinforce that it is very important for us the safety and comfort of our guests. I look forward to serving you in a near future..

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

In the heart of Ecuador you can feel at home in this beautiful hotel with a heated pool, and huge soaking tub, wonderful food and amazing Service. They are truly happy you are there and will get anything you need. They hand you are hot yet towel and a fresh juice just because you walked in the door

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the front desk was efficient and helpful. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. We were there along with two other couples for three nights on a pre cruise package. Every night we would go to the bar for drinks. Every night the bar was practically empty and the waitress and bar tender would completely ignore you. We actually had to ask them to wait on us. We did complain to the management about the horrible service. Hopefully, they will get some new employees. Quito is a beautiful city that we all enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way to the Galapagos. If our room had been updated to the quality of the lobby and pool area, I would be giving this hotel five stars. Hallways are especially dark and gloomy. The buffet breakfast was honestly the best I've ever had in a hotel - lots of variety (both hot and cold) and tons of fresh fruit replaced constantly as it's consumed. I've heard this is one of the nicest hotels in Quito, but I can't compare it since I haven't stayed anywhere else. The location is good for business, but not great for tourists, as it's a long taxi to the old city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a business trip. Since the moment you enter the hotel its all about service. In the check in desk they were waiting for me and had all my paper work ready. Was given a room in the executive floor. The room was spacious and fully equipied. The bed was extra confortable not to soft, not to hard. Had hi speed wifi that worked perfectly.
The executive lounge is fully equiped and food and bevareges are available for free all day. Here the service is extra speciall.
Has a good gym and spa located in the lower floor, had a massage and was excellent
Good barbacue at La Hacienda restaurant.

Room Tip: get a room in the executive floor it value for money
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business