“Great concierge lounge, Good location”

JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel was was centrally located near to most tourist sites, restaurants and a mall. The hotel is priced well, clean and contains it's own little mall and a few restaurants. The cost of souvenirs is cheaper at the hotel shops than at the mall or airport. The quality of items is better as well. The staff is courteous and helpful. The only issue I had is that someone without a badge or uniform walked into my room when part of my group had left. He saw me and walked out. I reported it to the hotel staff and they claimed it was a member of their engineering staff. Regardless, I found this shady. Everything else at the hotel was great. The concierge lounge has a wait staff, and chef that will cook your breakfast/dinner entree for you when you get there. There is also a large variety of food items you can choose from. The juices are fresh squeezed. I recommend staying here, just lock your important things since you never know who may walk in!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Farrah K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Transportation to/from airport smooth efficient w/ arrangement from concierge. Stayed 2 night before going to Galapagos; another night upon return and then another night returning from visit to Cotopaxi. All staff is geared towards service and being pleasant. Rooms overlooking on lobby on higher floors we liked better because of views rather than looking at pool and parking. Former has city views and dramatic hillsides. Executive lounges offers great breakfasts & bottled water. Concierge arranged excellent day trip to otavalo with guide Gabriel. Mexican restaurant and casual bar dining fine. Spa /steam room clean and refreshing. Recommend staying there. Too far to walk to old town.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Scamper56
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Accommodation 5***** - Beautiful rooms with all the luxury you'd expect from such a hotel.

Location 4**** - The hotel is in the middle of the city however the drive to the airport can be long. So plan well ahead to arrive at the airport on time (I would say minimum 1 hour driving time - can be more during rush hour).

Staff and Service 3*** - This was a bit of a disappointment. This is not the first JW Marriott we stayed in so I know what I'm speaking of. While staff is friendly they made two mistakes which led to the title of review *they could be more attentive*.

1. We booked a room with two single beds. At check-in they gave us a room with a king size bed although we mentioned that we want to stay in a room with 2 single beds. We went down to the front desk two times to tell them that we don't want this room and it was already after 10 p.m.. Finally we got the right one after almost 1 hour and after the bellboy took action.

2. We already told them at check-in that we have to leave early in the morning next day and asked them to have breakfast ready for us (breakfast starts at 6 a.m. and we wanted to eat right at 6 a.m. to catch our cab to the airport at 6:30 a.m.). So next morning we came to the restaurant and saw that no breakfast was ready and nobody was there to help us. We went to the front desk and told them. It was the bellboy again who managed that we could get at least some coffee and a quick bite at 6:20 a.m.. There was no time left to finish *breakfast* and we departed without having anything.

Overall the hotel would be a good choice but we will not choose it again should we come to Quito again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Highly accommodating staff and superb customer service really makes this property stand out. Greeted with gorgeous fresh cut flowers at check-in, and taken to very well maintained and clean room with an excellent view. Everyone I encountered at this property was a pleasure to speak with, from valet to housekeeping. Breakfast was excellent as well. Above average Marriot property.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We arrived into the Quito Marriott after dark, exhausted and cold from having spent a last full day of Amazon adventuring, and we looked the part. I had booked the hotel for this leg of our travel knowing some well-deserved pampering would be appreciated.

I would call our check-in experience mediocre, which I may attribute to our adventurist clothing and appearance. Sorry if bandanas and backpacks offend, but we are considered professionals back home, and our money is as green as yours. Also, why doesn't the barely-skirted female out on the front steps offend?

The service at the business center was great, and as we were now heading out to a late
dinner, she even drew us a little map to a place close by. Our room was ultra comfortable, and the bathroom is very delectable with marble floors, a deep bathtub, robes, slippers and plenty of fluffy towels. The room was quite, and of course very comfy mattresses.

We checked-out at 0415, and unfortunately our reserved car failed to show up to take us to the airport and the hotel had a taxi for us in five minutes. Thank you. Thank you.
Despite our short stay, we would say this is a great property. Just don't show up in Amazon duds, because they will certainly exude an unwelcome feeling.

Room Tip: Our high room floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Booked by Silver Seas as a pre-Galapagos cruise venue, we were delighted with this hotel in every way. The rooms were immaculate, spacious, comfortably furnished and the service perfect. Breakfast was better than average. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel which would certainly rate 4 1/2 Stars anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: They are all good, only variable is the view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my first visit to Quito, and I had never stayed at a JW Marriott before, but quickly saw it was different than the more run-of-the-mill Marriott varieties. It was much more upscale. My flight had been delayed, but the staff was eager to greet me even at 12:30 A.M. and met me with a welcoming rose. Ecuador is an exporter of roses, and they were in abundance everywhere in the hotel. I think I took pictures of every arrangement. The room didn't have the greatest view, but I found a new rose in my room every day of my visit, which really enhanced my stay. The hotel had a beautiful pool and lovely gift shop, and the business center was easily accessibly for internet use, which I utilized every day. Breakfast is not included with the room rate, and is rather expensive at the hotel, but there is a great waffle restaurant just down the street. The hotel had a fleet of private taxis ready for use, which was great for trips into the city. The neighborhood is safe during the day, but as a foreigner, it was not recommended to go out walking after dark. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends