“Fun, friendly Mexican food”

El Mariachi Taco Factory
Ranked #210 of 1,487 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Owner: Walter Romero
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The food was tasty. I had the chicken tacos and Spanish rice. Very simple but tasty. The margaritas were also nice and the place is very affordable.

The wait staff doesn't speak
English, but are very sweet and attentive and with a little pointing and basic Spanish words, can get the idea across. Would recommend as a place to go with friends or family. Easy to talk and wasn't crowded.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Atmosphere is okay and so are prices. They have a trumpet-wielding guy in mariachi costume outside so you can't miss it. We went here three times in one holiday for the excellent fajitas. A must-eat when in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went to this restaurant as it was recommended in our Lonely Planet book. We would definitely not go back!!

The free nachos and dips were a good touch, but both the chips and guacamole did not taste anything like they should!

I ordered the empanada, and my partner ordered the mixed meat fajita. The meat was tough and tasteless. My empanada was smothered with melted mozzarella cheese, which was the best part of the dish.

Prices were similar to North American standards ($8-10), which I think is too expensive for what you're getting.

Do not go here if you want good Mexican food.

1  Thank Mich789
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having had many meals of Ecuadorian food, and looking for something different, we were attracted by the Mariachi! He convinced us that they had the best margaritas, and at that moment, it sounded good. So up we went to this cozy place, and yes, had some good margaritas!!! The food was also pretty good; one of our party had the fajitas, others had one of the soups and salad, and I had a nice salad and cheese enchiladas. Those were, I think, probably the only item that I would avoid - for veggie enchiladas, they were mostly cheese, and few veggies. The wait staff were quite timely and helpful.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Must admit that I was initially put off a bit by the guy wearing a sombrero outside the place, but once inside we had a fantastic (and reasonably priced) meal of fajitas. Generous portions and very tasty. Service was quick and attentive. Perhaps the previous reviewers who were ill were suffering from altitude sickness (Quito is 2400m above sea level).