“Mexican food in Quito”

El Mariachi Taco Factory
Ranked #248 of 1,358 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Owner: Walter Romero
Huacas, Costa Rica
“Mexican food in Quito”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having had many meals of Ecuadorian food, and looking for something different, we were attracted by the Mariachi! He convinced us that they had the best margaritas, and at that moment, it sounded good. So up we went to this cozy place, and yes, had some good margaritas!!! The food was also pretty good; one of our party had the fajitas, others had one of the soups and salad, and I had a nice salad and cheese enchiladas. Those were, I think, probably the only item that I would avoid - for veggie enchiladas, they were mostly cheese, and few veggies. The wait staff were quite timely and helpful.

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Must admit that I was initially put off a bit by the guy wearing a sombrero outside the place, but once inside we had a fantastic (and reasonably priced) meal of fajitas. Generous portions and very tasty. Service was quick and attentive. Perhaps the previous reviewers who were ill were suffering from altitude sickness (Quito is 2400m above sea level).

• Visited April 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Mexican in Ecudor?”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

There was a man outside dressed like Poncho Villa with a horn, catching our attention. We looked at the menu out of politeness, but then decided to try it out.

The portions are so large, I am sorry I ordered so much. I had a salad with tomatoes, beans, and avocados plus a bowl of chicken broth with rice, onion, and avocados. Both were more delicious than I could have imagined, but I could not finish either due to the amount of food.

My partner had a combo platter and left 1/2 of it due to the size.

The atmosphere is authentic Mexican and the waitress was more than attentive. The prices were extremely reasonable.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“avoid at all cost”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

i was attracted to this restaurant because of the guy wearing his sombraro and playing a trumpet, . How wrong i was. I looked inside and it looked well presented so all four of us went in. We were served fine and the waiters seemed fine but the food came and i had enchaladas. It didn't taste quite right but i couldn't tell if it was just that i'd not eaten enchaladas for a long time and they were supposed to taste like that. I stopped eating it (very unlike me) and the rest of the evening started to blur a bit because i started to feel nauseus. I hadn't had any alcohol because i'd not felt like it. We paid up and i was just so glad to leave because i wasn't feeling well. I promptly threw up outside their resaurant all over the place and in front of the restaurant next door. It was so embarrassing. I went back in with my brother and the manager wouldn't come and see us and just sat there in the restaurant ignoring us while we tried to plead with the poor waiters who didn't speak English to give us our money back. Terrible food, rude boss who didn't give a damn. DON"T GO THERE.

• Visited November 2012
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Vomit”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went there full of high hopes, we all ordered food and soon it duly arrived, no problems so far. My sister started munching though hers and then stopped eating and said that she didn't feel quite right. As we ended she became quieter and quieter and eventually as we were paying she ran outside to vomit on the pavement, after a few minutes she stopped and said that she felt immediately better now the 'food was out'. We went inside and my brother had a word about quality with the manager just didn't say anything back. The Sombrero man washed the vomit away with a handy pre prepared bucket of water( he seemed familiar with this). Needless to say we wont be going back and most people spotted a blonde haired lady vomiting outside and I imagine wont be going either.

• Visited October 2012