“Awesome trip and service”

Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental
Ranked #1 of 86 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ecuador has a wide variety of terrain, climates and beautiful, natural places. Whether you do a one-day self-guided scooter GPS tour of Quito or a 16 day all-inclusive guided tour of Ecuador, Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental offers you outdoor adventure like you have never experienced before. Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental is a full-service mountain bike, motor scooter and motorcycle rental shop located in Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador. They provide self-guided tours of Quito and Ecuador as well as guided motorcycle tours given by Ecuador experts on the best biking roads in the country.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I recently rented a motorbike from these fellows. Upon arriving at their office I was pleasantly surprised at how professional their system was. I biked 1200 km around the north coast. Trip of a lifetime! Word of advice - Ecuador has 57% import duty - these are low km Japanese bikes so is not cheap to hire but you are pretty much guaranteed no breakdowns in the middle of nowhere. They did supply cell phone, first aid kit, high detail GPS, emergency spare parts, coats, helmets, panniers, boots and so forth. Bikes come with a GPS tracking system. They were readily available for phone-in advice on my trip as to security and travel info. There is a hefty deposit for their equipment and you are responsible for any loss or damage so check your own credit cards for coverage. Big Matt

1  Thank Matt P

Reviewed May 19, 2014

What a great adventure in an unbelievably remote and beautiful place led by two real professionals.
The riding was challenging and some of the place we spent the nights were amazing... huts on the Amazon River Mountain chalet's and 300 year old haciendas. Very Cool.

1  Thank Grevington
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Originally planned to rent a few bikes to tour Quito with a group of friends (6 people in all). In the end was able to rent 4 mopeds to tour Quito and the surrounding sites guided by the GPS system; made for a highly entertaining day given (most of) my group was used to navigating crazy traffic on such bikes. Documentation requirements were low...but we were given a quick run through on how to operate the bikes regardless.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Group of 5 of us went down to Ecuador mid-April to explore Ecuador. We decided to do an adventure with Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental. As we were not familiar with Ecuador, we signed up for the guided 6 Day Off Road Adventure. During our planning, the owners, Court Rand and Sylvain Gallea, were quick to respond to all of our questions and informed us they would both be traveling with our group along with a chase vehicle (given our group size). Arriving the night before, we stayed at the Hotel Reina Isabel as it is just a block away from the shop. Court and Sylvain greeted us upon arrival to the shop and loaded us up. We found it nice to be able to throw our bags into a truck and not have to mount them on the bikes. The bikes were in good working order and seemed appropriate for the trip we were about to embark upon. Communication units were also installed (a big plus!).

The adventure: The itinerary for our trip can be found on their website so I'll focus in on the experience itself. This truly is an adventure allowing one to see Ecuador as locals would. Riding freely deep into the country on the backroads, we found the scenery beautiful and the ride "challenging". This really is the best way to see Ecuador, devoid of the tourist traps typically seen on many other tours. This all-inclusive tour makes it unnecessary to carry any significant amount of cash with you. Court and Sylvain have apparently scoped out the territory well to try and provide the best experience possible. Most of the accommodations were great while some were merely acceptable given the desolate areas visited. It was always single occupancy. All meals were with local establishments and gave a good impression of what the locals ate.

This particular trip requires good physical and mental stamina. The rides can be very long and the weather unpredictable. On our trip, we rode in rush hour city traffic requiring some lane splitting, encountered dust storms, dense fog, rain storms (monsoon-like one day), landslides, and unplanned night riding under those conditions. The terrain involved mud, sand, creeks/small rivers, rock, gravel, dirt, cobblestone, and pavement - all with altitude climbs and descents. I have to admit there were some scary moments for me given my inexperience. Although I started out as a beginner, I survived and have become a much better rider because of this trip. I would recommend future travelers have a good amount of confidence and a decent amount of seat time before signing up for this particular adventure. Also, buy the best gear you can afford. The conditions we encountered helped me justify the gear I bought. Rain-X your face shield too!

In the end, this truly was a memorable adventure, both for the culture seen and the challenge of the ride. Thank you Court and Sylvain! We hope to be back down the road...or should I say mud?

1  Thank Hipoint
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I just finished the High Andes, Deep Amazon Tour and had a fantastic 10 days of riding and adventure. From challenging roads, to fantastic accommodations, some of the best scenery I have ever seen and great places to eat, Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental will insure your trip is one to remember. I am already planning a return.

Court593, Owner at Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thanks so much for this great review and for riding on our first running ever of the High Andes, Deep Amazon Tour. We are sure this new tour will be a big hit and we are very glad that you enjoyed it, too. We really had fun riding this and riding with a great group makes our job even better! We would love to do it all over again, so we hope to see you in Ecuador at some point in the future!