“Top notch ride with above and beyond service!”

Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental
Ranked #1 of 86 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ecuador has a wide variety of terrain, climates and beautiful, natural places. Whether you do a one-day self-guided scooter GPS tour of Quito or a 16 day all-inclusive guided tour of Ecuador, Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental offers you outdoor adventure like you have never experienced before. Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental is a full-service mountain bike, motor scooter and motorcycle rental shop located in Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador. They provide self-guided tours of Quito and Ecuador as well as guided motorcycle tours given by Ecuador experts on the best biking roads in the country.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Can't say enough about Court and his crew. I absolutely loved every part of the trip except some of the freezing fog high in the mountains, and maybe not the rain so much. We came across some serious challenges which made the adventure even more exciting. One day deep in the jungle, we came across an ice cream truck selling ice cream in the jungle! That was the best treat ever! Riding toward a massive volcano blowing ash and smoke was true excitement! I would highly recommend Ecuador Freedom Bike to anybody from a scooter rider to hard core adventure seekers!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I've been doing the fly-and-ride travel for several years now. You never quite know what you'll get with motorcycle rentals but I saw an ad, traded a few emails, and felt good about Freedom Bike Rental. They had a great selection of bikes from which to choose and offered many options for travel planning assistance, Freedom was well organized, the bikes were spotless, they provided tools, spare parts, and waterproof(ish) bags. The paperwork was painless and the GPSs made it a breeze for getting out of Quito and into the Andes. It all made for a great trip that I look forward to repeating.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

The guys at Freedom were helpful to a fault. They worked with us before the trip to plan a route suitable for us, loaded detailed routing into a GPS, handled hotel/hostel accommodations... When we got there, the bikes were ready and in good shape, and they sent us on our way with careful instruction and a generous collection of spares.

The trip was completely fantastic. The bikes performed flawlessly, the route and accommodations were all great, and by the way, WOW is Ecuador a great place to visit. I can't wait to go back, and I'll surely rent another Freedom bike when I do.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I can't recommend this company enough. My guide for the tour was extremely competent, friendly, and experienced. As an expat living in Ecuador, he's had many years experience specific to the roads of Ecuador. This combined with even more years of experience with international touring as well as mechanics made me feel very safe and confident in his leadership. Also, when they say "all-inclusive", they really mean it. The overall value and quality of the tour more than justify the price tag. The company is very hospitable, and after a hard day of riding you can be assured that you will be lodged in a very comfortable hotel with all of your needs catered to and will not need to spend a lot of extra money on day to day necessities.

Ecuador is a small country with a tremendous diversity of natural climates and cultures. Within short distances we experienced dramatically different landscapes and road conditions. For example, in a single day we passed the bustling traffic of Quito and wound through the mountains down into a desert before finishing the ride near the ocean. A typical day could include a winding mountain road past condors and glacial lakes in the morning and later the humid feel of the jungle air as you ride past banana plantations. We even took a road that passed near the summit of a volcano. The combination of luxurious amenities and extremely friendly staff take all the work out of riding and will allow you to focus on enjoying every minute and taking in the breathtaking scenery. For me the trip was worth every penny, and even as a seasoned traveler was one of the peak experiences of my life.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a must! The sights were truly amazing! These guys know their stuff - they knew just where we should go to see what we wanted to see! We WILL be back next year and like we said our friends will be with us next time!!
Thanks so much for everything!
Julie & Chris