“Trip of a Lifetime!!!!”

Ecuador Green Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private transportation from the hotel to downtown. Ecuador Green Travel, a direct tour operator based in Quito, Ecuador. WE organize tours around our country with the best prices, including hotels, transportation and visits to the best places of Ecuador. Also we offer the best Galapagos last minute deals offered in our specialized we site. The best prices always, for cruises, yacht, tours, hotels and flight tickets to the Galapagos islands...!!WE have great options of trips around the country, because Ecuador is one of the most beautiful countries because we have everything is a little space, coast,nice beaches, the highlands with haciendas, indian markets, and colonial cities, the amazon rainforest with the jungle lodges, and the best one is Galapagos.. The perfect match in one country...
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Galapagos and Ecuador was the trip of a lifetime thanks to Carlos and Ecuador Green
Travel. I too found him via the internet because I wanted to create my own trip. We exchanged
many emails for several months until I decided on a yacht and an itinerary. We ended up on the newest boat - Majestic! And that it was! The crew, naturalist, boat, food and accommodations were MORE than I expected. The other guests and itinerary made for a wonderful experience!
We took the 7 night "B" itinerary and were very pleased. This trip was very hard to research but
Carlos was very patient and answered all my questions. We are very well travelled but I found
this trip hard to plan - especially since we were going on to Peru. Carlos also coordinated our
guide in Quito and surrounding areas. I would highly recommend using him for this too. I booked
my own hotel but I'm sure he would do a good job at this too. No worries with sending funds thru paypal and into his account. All was very reputable. Thank you again Carlos for a great trip at a great price!

Carlos R, Manager at Ecuador Green Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. it was a real pleasure helping to make your trip something to remember. Kind regards

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"boat"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We booked online/via Phone through Carlos, who was incredibly friendly and helped us out with any questions we had. We were a bit sceptic first as almost the whole booking process was done via email. Nevertheless, everything worked out really well and we did a fantastic 5 day tour - at a really low rate. Absolutely recommendable especially if you are based in guayaquil, where its not as easy as in quito to find galapagos tour agencies.

1  Thank christopher1987
Carlos R, Manager at Ecuador Green Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you very much Christopher... It was a really pleasure to plan your trip to the Galapagos Islands.. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour... Kind regards

Carlos

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was in Quito for work and had some free time on my hands. On a whim, I did a Google search for last minute cruises to the Galapagos and reached out to several on-line travel agencies that advertised such trips.

Carlos from DealsGalapagos.com responded quickly and provided a number of interesting offers. So, we exchanged a few emails and I was able to find something to my liking (5 days on the Isabella II). With a minimum of information being exchanged on line, I paid for the trip and 2 days later was on a plane headed to one of my dream destinations.

Maybe I got lucky. But despite having done no research, I found a tour that was great. The boat was big and comfortable if not luxurious and from my viewpoint didn't lack any amenities. The crew was very personable. The cook and bartender did tremendous jobs. Our guides were knowledgeable and their presence made the trip more rewarding. And most importantly, the islands themselves are amazing.

I would recommend DealsGalapagos.com and the Isabella II to friends, family and strangers alike.

It is worth noting that the other agencies either never responded, their information was incomplete, or their deals weren't as good. Also, the boats generally do not take direct bookings.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I can't say enough about the staff of La Pinta! The guides were incredibly knowledgable and had an answer to every question you asked. The culinary team was excellent, and the "cruise director," Javier made waking up in the early morning a pleasure. The Galapagos is probably the most incredible place in the world that I have visited and I cannot recommend a more pleasant way to see it than with La Pinta!

Thank you very much for your review dear Beatriz... It was amazing for me to find the best trip and last minute deal for your tour to Galapagos Islands... I hope you can come back to visit the rest of the country, we'll be ready to help you in any way...

Kind regards

Carlos

See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The trip, in total, cost us about $1000 a day for our suite, including flights, which is quite a lot of money. The initial emails with us and Dealsgalapagos were efficient and friendly and we thought everything was going to be wonderful. It turns out that the suite with jacuzzi bath we had paid for was actually a suite where the jacuzzi bath had been taken out and replaced with a normal shower. Apparently, the agency said they had been told the jacuzzi bath was going to be fixed by March, and then actually it was taken out, and we were not informed. When we contacted them, Dealsgalapagos said that when they actually read the small print of the T and Cs for the company who own and sell trips on the Millennium to agencies like Dealsgalapagos, it says, to summarise, if anything changes on the boat then tough luck, nobody gets any refund. This is the sort of thing you'd hope the agents would tell you, or better still, not sell trips with this small print. Unfortunately for Dealsgalapagos, what we see is the whole experience as one, booked through them, not in parts, where blame can be allocated according to whose actual 'fault' it essentially was. We do know that it wasn't OUR fault, yet we were penalised by receiving less than we had paid for.

So what we experienced was a boat where we did not receive what we had paid for, and we would have chosen a different boat to travel on had we known what the facilities were (or were not) before we booked. Dealsgalapagos need to work with reliable and truthful boat companies if they do not want negative feedback. This was not a tinpot trip costing a few quid: in total it cost $7000. When asked for compensation, Dealsgalapagos asked what we thought was a reasonable figure. I suggested one of a few hundred dollars, bearing in mind costs of other boats with no jacuzzi bath. He halved it, saying it was coming out of his own pocket. Not our problem! I suggested a compromise, half way between the 2 figures. He would not budge. Being aware that we were not going to get anywhere, I grudgingly accepted this. I would not use this boat, or Dealsgalapagos, again, as we did not get what we had paid for, and after sales service was sketchy. The boat was great apart from this, but unfortunately this clouded our experience. Check, and double check, and get the company you use to check, details of what you are paying thousands of dollars for, or you might have the same experience as us.

3  Thank Hansieryder
Carlos R, General Manager at Ecuador Green Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thanks for your reply but I think you are posting only your convenience. You have to tell the people all the truth. First at all you bought a luxury class yacht for 8 days, this ussually costs more than 3,000 usd per person, even more when you buy it several months before your trip. WE provide you a suite cabin according the yacht offers us, but they suddenly decided to take out the jacuzzi without any advise. But please, if the itineraries changes all the time, it's logical that the yachts can be modified during more than 6 months, the time you already had your tour bought.

During the tour you wrote me saying that your cabin was lovely, amazing and big, very comfortable, and the captain very servicial, then I accepted to refund you a part of the money for my "mistake", that was not really a mistake, it was a change in the cabin. You can read policies of all the yachts and they can change rooms and even itineraries under they convenience, but I prefered to refund you according what I could, but you were very kind until you receive the moeny, then you tell me that you want to forget your review about the tour.

what was my surprise, I received almost one moths later another email from you requesting an email lying about your lost bag, saying that I certified that you lost your bag during the tour, and that letter signed by me to present it to your insurance company... mm.. only your convenience again, You never told about any lost bag during one month. very strange... also you told me that you don;t want request this letter to the yacht directly becasue during the tour you decided not leave any tip to the crew saying that the service in the yacht was poor... So,, I think you made all this theather full of lies only for your convenience, you are liying in all the ways...

WE have a reputable company, that offers tours in all the yachts of the Islands, with service and quality, and for this reason I have great reviews from our service. Your case was speficific about request money at your convenience. So your review is a clear show of this...

All our clients agreed price and service from several options we sent always.